Report bugs or give feedback for CrossCode.

minor nitpick

no avatar
User

edale

Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:12 am

minor nitpick

by edale » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:38 am

I'll start off by saying that this game is amazing. The level of detail and thought that went into this is amazing (and the references so varied I'd be surprised in ANYONE caught them all, I love the 8-bit theater reference in Bergen).

Playing though, I've been trying to catch every snippet of conversation, both from the PCs and NPCs (both of which are actually NPC's, but still... lol), and I've truly enjoyed them all.

And that leads to my minor nitpick. I just got to the halfway point in Faj'ro Temple, and I see all the PC's taking a rest there, and none of them have anything to say, not even some of the convos that happen from you just standing near them.

It just seems weird to me that with all the nuanced convos that happen throughout the game so far, that everyone at that location would just be silent. I'd expect at least one of them to be talking about the challenge of the miniboss at the very least.
User

Nnubes256

Rank

Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:33 pm

Re: minor nitpick

by Nnubes256 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:10 am

Hello!

The development team is aware of the lack of NPC dialogs at certain areas, and is actively trying to provide new dialogs to NPCs on newer versions. One of the recent efforts done towards this was the NPC Dialog Contest, where players could submit their own dialog proposals to be added into the game. This contest ended recently, and the 20 winning dialogs will be soon added into the game (likely into the next version). You can find more information about the contest on this blog post: http://www.radicalfishgames.com/?p=6542
Heya, I'm your local moderator! If you have any questions of require assistance, you can send me a private message through here:
https://forum.cross-code.com/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=327
no avatar
User

edale

Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:12 am

Re: minor nitpick

by edale » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:15 am

Nnubes256 wrote:Hello!

The development team is aware of the lack of NPC dialogs at certain areas, and is actively trying to provide new dialogs to NPCs on newer versions. One of the recent efforts done towards this was the NPC Dialog Contest, where players could submit their own dialog proposals to be added into the game. This contest ended recently, and the 20 winning dialogs will be soon added into the game (likely into the next version). You can find more information about the contest on this blog post: http://www.radicalfishgames.com/?p=6542
Nice, and looking at the contest, I'm kinda sad I missed it, I can think of a nice chunk of dialog for that section without even trying too hard.

Xeno dialog talking about the miniboss and antlions in general, that can switch to regular dialog with Lea seeking clarification on something, then C'tron starts listing off more "interesting" facts about antlions. Could probably fit a comment or two from Emile in there too, actually showing her oddly non-affected reaction to the Antlion, rather than just hearing about it second-hand...