Report bugs or give feedback for CrossCode.
no avatar
User

tsukikage

Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:53 pm

Feature request: controller configuration

by tsukikage » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:55 pm

Please, please, please can we have the ability to arbitrarily reassign controller directions / buttons / triggers like we can keyboard keys. I have four different joypads in my house and none map to anything sensible :(
User

Nnubes256

Rank

Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:33 pm

Re: Feature request: controller configuration

by Nnubes256 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:25 pm

Heya! What follows is the developer's official response to the feature request of providing controller remapping, along with a request for additional information of your setup in order to provide you with additional assistance in getting your specific controllers work (it's not uncommon for controllers to have bad mappings or otherwise exhibit odd behavior).

The developers have stated that full controller remapping won't be implemented into the game any time soon. Here's the source of such statement: https://steamcommunity.com/app/368340/discussions/0/365172547945047457/#c360670708787942619. Specifically, it is noted that:

lachsen wrote:We won't implement a full remapping of gamepads since a lot of customizations don't really make a lot of sense. (e.g. throwing buttons and special attack buttons HAVE to be right bumper/trigger - maybe the other way around)

From the way you phrased your issue, however, you seem to have more of a problem with your controllers not working at all with the game, or having weird behaviors with them (e.g. some buttons not working, etc.). When this happens, it's usually an issue with the game's runtime, and therefore something usually hard for the game's developers to fix. Then again, I might have misunderstood your problem (that's partly why I need the information I have requested below).

In order to try and provide you with better assistance, please provide the following information:
  • Operating system you are running the game on (with version if possible).
  • CrossCode version (you can find it on the bottom right corner of the game's title screen).
  • The distribution platform you have downloaded the game from (Steam, GOG, standalone...).
  • If you have downloaded the game from Steam, the beta branch you are in, if any (you can look this up by going to the game's properties in Steam (right click the game and select Properties), switching to the Betas tab and looking at the value of the dropdown).
  • I need a clarification of the issue you describe: is it actually related to your controllers not working, or is it more a problem/complaint with the game's layout scheme (yes, there are also solutions for the latter, but they involve third-party software).
  • For each of the controllers you have tested with the game: their brand, model and a more detailed description of the issues you are experiencing with each.

Thanks in advance!
Heya, I'm your local moderator! If you have any questions of require assistance, you can send me a private message through here:
https://forum.cross-code.com/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=327