Report bugs or give feedback for CrossCode.

Can't Level Up [Solved]

no avatar
User

Nighted

Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:05 pm

Can't Level Up [Solved]

by Nighted » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:17 pm

After reaching Sapphire Ridge and doing the Golden Bugs trial, I've noticed that I can not level up. I'm stuck at level 54 with 601 experience points.

I can receive credits from defeating various creatures, but I no longer earn experience points. I lost all interest in continuing my game because of this.

I searched the entire forum and found no other mention of this happening.
Last edited by Nighted on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

ryuo

Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Can't Level Up

by ryuo » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:22 pm

Check your equipment modifiers. If you have "Zero XP", then you are using equipment that makes it impossible to gain experience while equipped. Remove it and try again.
no avatar
User

Nighted

Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:05 pm

Re: Can't Level Up [Solved]

by Nighted » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:35 am

Thank you so much ryuo! :A

I have the Burglars Rope equipped. I'm at level 54 and the Burglars Rope is level 57.

I'm going to guess that it's not the specific item equipped but its level is beyond my current?

I'll go grind up to 57 and re-equip to see what happens. :D
no avatar
User

ryuo

Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Can't Level Up [Solved]

by ryuo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:55 am

That item always causes this to occur. It's the trade off you make for its benefits. I only considered it worth using when I was grinding items off of tough mobs that didn't give any real experience so the penalty was negligible. I recall that the final form of the drill you can get later also has this problem, so it's a good idea to equip them both when you are grinding items for the traders at Rhombus Square.