Report bugs or give feedback for CrossCode.
no avatar
User

hc_ljr

Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:02 am

Nesting Grounds ruined my game

by hc_ljr » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:11 am

There's a condition in the Nesting Grounds
SpoilerSHOW
post-beetle challenge
that prevents you from gaining experience while the challenge is going. I don't know how, but ever since I tried it, I haven't been able to earn experience from killing any enemy, anywhere. Since
SpoilerSHOW
buffed enemy killing is pretty much the only way to rank up after getting access to Rhombus Square
, that means I can't advance at all.
Not about to go through the whole game to reproduce it but I played in normal mode, won, spoke to the
SpoilerSHOW
beetle
again afterwards, pushed help, sat through the tutorial, cancelled, and then teleported out. If the way I actually played the game matters, I killed off each spider pretty quickly (most using Sphere Storm), never having more than one or two on the screen at a time, until they started to overwhelm me at which point I spammed Tesla Twist.
no avatar
User

hc_ljr

Re: Nesting Grounds ruined my game

by hc_ljr » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:52 pm

Since this persists across game restarts, I have to assume it's in my save file, so I'll upload it. If a staff member can't find the bug, I would at least appreciate an edited save file that no longer has the problem.

https://dbr.ee/5SLF
no avatar
User

PR3GN4NT D3V1L

Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:30 am

by PR3GN4NT D3V1L » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:45 am

I've just completed the game for the first time.
SpoilerSHOW
I got what I assume to be the bad ending, so went back to the past to right everything

After going back I did the drill quest and
SpoilerSHOW
spied on Albert and Ivan
, and upgraded some gear, then saved and closed the game. When I went on it a few hours later, V1.0.0-10 was available.

I got a performance issue message when I opened the game. It warned about poor performance with the current version of NW.js, so I ignored it - my game runs fine. Accidentally clicked New Game so Alt-F4'd. Then I load up my save, it's fine, but now I have this same issue of not being able to earn EXP from killing creatures.

Now, initially I just put it down to not being able to earn EXP after completing the game as I couldn't remember if I was earning any before I took a break earlier tonight, but luckily I made a separate save just before going back, which I fired up and sure enough I'm gaining EXP. So between then and now something's happened.

I'd already done the Nesting Grounds challenges before completing it though and it was fine then, so it's not because of that for me.

If it's helpful I can upload both saves as they're not very far apart, however I don't know where they're stored :P
no avatar
User

hc_ljr

by hc_ljr » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:24 pm

PR3GN4NT D3V1L wrote:If it's helpful I can upload both saves as they're not very far apart, however I don't know where they're stored :P

Save files are in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\CrossCode\cc.save
no avatar
User

ryuo

Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:26 am

by ryuo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:32 pm

Did you check your equipment? Some gear has modifiers that reduce the exp rate to 0, thus resulting in no exp gains.
no avatar
User

hc_ljr

by hc_ljr » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:52 am

ryuo wrote:Did you check your equipment? Some gear has modifiers that reduce the exp rate to 0, thus resulting in no exp gains.

Well, now I feel like a colossal idiot. Apparently Burglar's Rope has a zero XP modifier. I didn't even know that was a thing. Thank you!