Report bugs or give feedback for CrossCode.

Crash to Desktop 1.0.0-2

User

Funwayguy

Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:29 am

Brisbane, Australia

Crash to Desktop 1.0.0-2

by Funwayguy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:13 am

Only just started playing yesterday and kept running into the occasional crash while loading into a new area. Originally I though this was related to patch update notes but that was supposed to address 1.0.0 not 1.0.0-1 or 1.0.0-2. Going back to 1.0.0 does throw the audio related errors but doesn't outright crash to desktop like it does in the later versions.

1st crash (1.0.0-2):
1) Completed the intro and tutorial up to where you're left on the ship deck to roam.
2) Went back to the storage room and broke all the blocks as per the challenge.
3) Instead of heading up on the elevator I headed back down to cargo... game crashed to desktop.
4) Restarting the game and performing the same actions doesn't crash (at least on the second attempt).

2nd crash (1.0.0-2):
1) Finished meeting all the faction leaders immediately after Track of the Ancients intro.
2) Picked up a few quests (before entering any other area):
- Railing Rider (Completed)
- A Promise Is a Promise
- Digging for Data
- Sickly Trees
- Petty Crime Hunter
- All Hail the Ice Cream
- Small Time Delivery
2) Was following the thief into Autumn Rise when the game crashed to desktop during loading.

System Specs:
OS - Windows 8.1 Pro
CPU - Intel i3-6100
GPU - Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB
Nvidia Driver - 411.63
RAM - 16GB 2133MHz
Display - 1080p @ 144Hz over Display Port
Controller - PS4 (using PS4 bluetooth dongle and DS4 Windows)
Audio Setting - 5.1 Surround, 24 bit, 192000Hz (going to change this later and test)

In game settings have been left at their defaults.

Unrelated Notes:
There doesn't appear to be to be any hints to use L1/R1 or LB/RB in the menus to change tab. I personally don't have an issue with it due to being used to various control schemes in games (much weirder ones too) but it could be a bit frustrating for new comers. It's just a minor UI UX thing I thought I'd mention.

Besides all that, still loving the game so far and its quirkiness. The regular save intervals is keeping the crashes from having too much impact on my progression so a minute or two lost restarting the game isn't so big a deal to me.
User

Funwayguy

Brisbane, Australia

Re: Crash to Desktop 1.0.0-2

by Funwayguy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:02 am

Took a while for the game to crash again but it eventually did.

3rd crash (1.0.0-4)
1) Continued up until receiving the pass to the Temple Mine.
2) Received message from Scheider about the guild invite.
3) Teleported to obelisk and followed him to the guild building
4) Crashed to desktop upon entering.

Notes:
- Audio settings was dropped to 24 bit, 96000Hz this time
- Upon restart game auto updated to 1.0.0-5

If you need more system or driver specs I can post that on request.
User

Funwayguy

Brisbane, Australia

Re: Crash to Desktop 1.0.0-2

by Funwayguy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:28 am

Small Update:
Managed to reach endgame without crashing after 1.0.0-7 and travelled through almost every region in one session doing so. The changes may have fixed it but I can't say for certain.

Another minor issue:
Navigating the bamboo thicket with a thumbstick seems to be considerably harder than on keyboard with the character constantly getting jammed in entries to narrow gaps. I may open a separate issue thread for this one considering it does impact the difficulty in completing a golden bug challenge.