General discussion about CrossCode.
User

Mexgar

Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:10 pm

Emilie Race Achievement: Permanently Missable?

by Mexgar » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:20 pm

I've been having a real fun time trying to 100% CrossCode as I go, but I just noticed the achievement for winning all the dungeon races with Emilie. I forgot about the dungeon race during Temple Mine and lost, and I seem to recall the Tutorial Dungeon race being scripted for her to win (I believe the justification was that Sergey stopped Lea right before she left, allowing Emilie to win).

My question is, am I screwed out of 100%? I've started a new file parallel to the old one, and noticed that a few key achievements carried over. Is the Emilie Race achievement one of those? Can I win a race in one file and use the other file to explore the dungeon? Or is it too late, and I have to restart? I'd really prefer not to reset, as I've explored everything up to the Faj'ro Temple and I've sunk a lot of time into my file.

Thanks,
Mexgar
User

Eninya

Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:36 am

Re: Emilie Race Achievement: Permanently Missable?

by Eninya » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:31 pm

I've started saving before the dungeons since Faj'ro. I'm almost always doing a close finish behind her, but I usually get lost after completing a significant leg of each dungeon. Somehow, I lost in Sol'najiz, despite hardly getting hung up anywhere. I'll probably just replay the game down the line.
no avatar
User

ryuo

Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:26 am

by ryuo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:55 am

I managed to beat Emilie every single time in the dungeons where you actually can. It seems you only have to beat her in the 4 elemental dungeons though, as I got the achievement after clearing the last elemental dungeon before I entered the giant tree dungeon.

It's actually quite doable to pull this off, though it's hard to do consistently if you play the game normally. Here's how I managed to do it consistently. The game autosaves every time you change rooms, so you can take advantage of this by taking your time in each room to survey what you need to do to complete it, returning to the title screen, selecting continue, and then completing the room as quickly as you can. If you do this well enough in every room, you should have a good 10 minutes left to tackle the dungeon's boss and then be the first one to complete the dungeon.
User

Mexgar

Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:10 pm

by Mexgar » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:54 pm

These are really good strategies, yeah! I'll definitely use them for the future dungeons. My main concern is that in my main file, I didn't win in Temple Mine, which is why I'm worried I've permanently screwed myself over. Has there been any experimentation done on this, where winning the race in one file affects the achievement progress in another? Or am I screwed, and need to replay the whole game up to this point?
no avatar
User

ryuo

Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:26 am

by ryuo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:09 pm

Trophies appear to be stored outside of any save game data, so it should be shared among all your saves. However, this still won't change the actual number of wins recorded in a specific save game, so it will likely mean having to complete the trophy within a single save game. Consequently, yes, you will likely need to replay all the dungeons in a new save game if you don't have an old save game where it is still possible to beat all the dungeons.

Also, you could ignore the chests in the dungeons during your first run to avoid wasting time hunting them down. You can always come back later to pick them up when you are not being timed. On a side note, was I the only one to discover the special boots in Bergen Traders that enabled you to walk on ice without sliding? I kept those long past the mines because their ability made a number of later puzzles significantly easier. I found them very indispensable despite their low stats later in the game.