Report bugs or give feedback for CrossCode.
no avatar
User

batista_harpu

Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:02 am

Seemingly guaranteed windows bluescreen error

by batista_harpu » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:11 am

Hi there. I just want to say real quick that i've been really enjoying my short spurts of time with the game, it is really entertaining and I love the quality and effort that is put into it, keep it up!

So I decided to join the forums for one specific reason. I have discovered a rather serious bug and I have narrowed it down I do believe. I can't actually provide screen shot evidence as a windows blue screen error forces a shut down and restart of the computer but I will help how I can.

Basically, While playing CrossCode and only while playing this game I have come across a blue screen windows crash 3 times now. I have gone through the gamut of checking my machine and all is well on my end, no viruses or anything malicious and all systems are a go. I just experienced the third blue screen crash so I decided to share what I think is the cause so you guys can maybe look into things as blue screen errors are very serious and can damage computers or at the very least cause headache and loss of data.

The circumstances at play are CrossCode running of course, and DS3 Tools being run at the same time. Now I use DS3 tools, a third party software to operate my Playstation Dual Shock 3 controller on my computer. DS3 tools makes it register as an Xbox controller on the PC. The thing that occurred before all three of the blue screen crashes is that my controller disconnected. Now this is a personal issue on my end, my controller has a somewhat loose connection and often times will disconnect. However, when it disconnects and then I try to reconnect the controller while I'm still within CrossCode, that is when the blue screen error occurs and it does this without fail.

I hope you guys can manage to possibly correct this issue, My controller has disconnected during many of my games, and as a streamer and content creator on youtube I have the video evidence proving it! haha. I know you might not be able to do much but I wanted to share this with you regardless, as something about CrossCode seems to utterly break and thus cause a blue screen whenever a controller is reconnected during play. Thank you for reading, and best of luck with the game.
User

lachsen

Rank

Developer

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:35 pm

Re: Seemingly guaranteed windows bluescreen error

by lachsen » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:28 am

Hey there,

so this sounds like a very system related issue unfortunately. We can't reproduce this issue on our system and it's likely that there is an error with the gamepad driver. That, or something is wrong with NW.js, which is essentially a compact browser we use to run CrossCode (which is entirely based on HTML5). It's unfortunately not feasible for us to fix issues in NW.js - all we can do is upgrade the version, but we're also stuck with that current version due to performance reasons.

Sorry, but there isn't much we can do here.
no avatar
User

jomytago

Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:43 am

by jomytago » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:45 am

This BSOD error is also known as “ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY” and “STOP 0x000000BE“. Some users of Windows have reported this error, which normally appears on the screen during the initialization of the system.

To check if the error is caused by a faulty drive, run an automatic driver update or manually update the drivers to the latest available versions.

To manually update a driver, follow these steps:

Click Start
Type in devmgmt.msc in the search box
Click devmgmt from results list
Right-click on the driver
To update the driver, select Update Driver Software.
To disable the driver, select Disable.
To uninstall the driver, select Uninstall.

To run an automatic driver update, follow these steps:

Click Start
Go to Devices and Printers
Right-click on your computer
Select Device Installation Settings
Select Yes, do this automatically
Click Save Changes
no avatar
User

Voila

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:59 am

by Voila » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:29 pm

I also use a PS3 controller with a converter to make it register as a 360 controller and mine hasn't failed me yet, even if I disconnect it and reconnect it. I don't know what OS you're using but if it's Windows 10 you should switch to ScpToolkit. A quick google search for <PS3 controller on Windows 10 Scp Tool> should find you what you're looking for in only the first few results. Hope this helps solve your crashing issue!