Talk about anything else.
no avatar
User

Ender

Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:00 am

Languages used to make this game?

by Ender » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:05 am

I'm a junior developer and I was just wondering what languages we're used to make this game

A saw the title of this game on another website along with "Coded entirely in HTML!" along side it, and I just thought to myself "How? Possible?".

Just wondering, because the game is amazing and I aspire to create amazing stuff like this in the future.

Is it really only HTML? No Javascript or js libraries or frameworks?

And BTW, amazing job guys. :) Truly inspiring.
no avatar
User

Nnubes256

Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:33 pm

Re: Languages used to make this game?

by Nnubes256 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:02 pm

Ender wrote:I'm a junior developer and I was just wondering what languages we're used to make this game

A saw the title of this game on another website along with "Coded entirely in HTML!" along side it, and I just thought to myself "How? Possible?".

Is it really only HTML? No Javascript or js libraries or frameworks?

No. Whoever done the article was probably referring to HTML5.
The entire game logic(~1.4 MB of minified code) is programmed in JS, and distribution is done using NW.js.

The engine used is(a very modified) ImpactJS, which is a commercial engine.

P.D: I'm not a dev, this is just common knowledge. Also cuz I'm a modder here. :P
no avatar
User

Ender

Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:00 am

by Ender » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:35 am

Thanks for the reply.
I answered my own question after doing a bit of research after I posted the comment and discovered that it was made with impactjs.
You said "a very modified" impactjs, do you mean something like it? Or is it impact.js literally modified?
User

RadicalDude

Rank

Developer

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:34 pm

by RadicalDude » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:09 pm

We literally modified impact.js to the point it became our own engine. HTML has come a long way, and is capable of much more than a lot of folks think. Suffice to say it always depends on what you want to do.