Talk about anything else.
User

Atlessa

Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:37 pm

Mönchengladbach (NRW/Germany)

Re: games like crosscode?

by Atlessa » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:41 pm

If it's the twin-stick experience you're looking for, assault android cactus is a pretty darn good, albeit VERY arcade-y one.
no avatar
User

Ygrill

Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:57 am

by Ygrill » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:01 pm

CrossCode reminded me a lot of ps2's ./hack games - especially G.U. series.

I recommend for all of you, devs including, to play all - from .hack//Infection to .hack//G.U.-Redemption.
no avatar
User

MASAMUNE

Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:58 pm

by MASAMUNE » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:29 pm

Wait i dont see how this is anything like chrono trigger. Ive beaten Chrono trigger 30 times so i could never "compare" something to it. i will say if people think its like chrono trigger, then theyre paying crosscode a huge compliment. heres some i think are similiar to Crosscode, which still isnt really anything like it, but similiar and worth checking out. keeping in mind crosscode isnt finished technically, and a gamers life is a struggle to find games in the same vien of what they like.
Obviously Hyper Light Drifter. in terms of intense dodging and maybe 2d almost isometric viewpoint.
Ys series for 2d action at similiar viewpoint and action. (already said yah?)
Oh enter the gungeon. for intesne shoot em up stuffs. no melee but still in the vien of 2d dodge and shoot stuff.
Binding of issac Rebirth (creepy) but cool shooter.
Crawl, its controls are very samely (mouse control-wise) and similiar action 2d
now when i say try Salt AND Sanctuary, its not becuase its similiar much if all. JUST THAT ITS AWSOME.
its 2d i guess and recently released on pc.
Top down shooters. Subterrain. great game with cool weapons and survival being constant like dont starve.
blacksea oddeysea. did i say that right?
Oh Galak Z. it may be a ship shooter / mech swordfighter in space, but it still kinda similar action and very fun
secret of mana has alot of spin offs after the snes one(really good one) like ds and gba ect.

BTW Hurry up and finish this awsome game, crosscode is really well done the jumping mechanics are well polished and the shoot em up then dodge mechanics are addicting. id love to see some more additions like the shield. which is an excellent way of squeezing in another viable combat option without having to use more buttons(i.e.dodge and shield are right click, left click is shoot balls, melee attack charge shot. ect. like with the space special attacks it be cool to have a left moving special ect, like a fire stream or somthing, and ice shard shot for ice. maybe left click while holding right click (shield) creates a spear like melee attack that only momentarily leaves your guard open.
User

Bit

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:24 pm

by Bit » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:53 am

MASAMUNE wrote:Wait i dont see how this is anything like chrono trigger. Ive beaten Chrono trigger 30 times so i could never "compare" something to it. i will say if people think its like chrono trigger, then theyre paying crosscode a huge compliment. heres some i think are similiar to Crosscode, which still isnt really anything like it, but similiar and worth checking out. keeping in mind crosscode isnt finished technically, and a gamers life is a struggle to find games in the same vien of what they like.
Obviously Hyper Light Drifter. in terms of intense dodging and maybe 2d almost isometric viewpoint.
Ys series for 2d action at similiar viewpoint and action. (already said yah?)
Oh enter the gungeon. for intesne shoot em up stuffs. no melee but still in the vien of 2d dodge and shoot stuff.
Binding of issac Rebirth (creepy) but cool shooter.
Crawl, its controls are very samely (mouse control-wise) and similiar action 2d
now when i say try Salt AND Sanctuary, its not becuase its similiar much if all. JUST THAT ITS AWSOME.
its 2d i guess and recently released on pc.
Top down shooters. Subterrain. great game with cool weapons and survival being constant like dont starve.
blacksea oddeysea. did i say that right?
Oh Galak Z. it may be a ship shooter / mech swordfighter in space, but it still kinda similar action and very fun
secret of mana has alot of spin offs after the snes one(really good one) like ds and gba ect.

BTW Hurry up and finish this awsome game, crosscode is really well done the jumping mechanics are well polished and the shoot em up then dodge mechanics are addicting. id love to see some more additions like the shield. which is an excellent way of squeezing in another viable combat option without having to use more buttons(i.e.dodge and shield are right click, left click is shoot balls, melee attack charge shot. ect. like with the space special attacks it be cool to have a left moving special ect, like a fire stream or somthing, and ice shard shot for ice. maybe left click while holding right click (shield) creates a spear like melee attack that only momentarily leaves your guard open.

There are special attacks that you can unlock via circuits, an Ice Shard attack being one of them (Very useful in Maroon Valley).
You don't need time travel to create a paradox. Just say: "Don't listen to me."
no avatar
User

arch_friend

Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:29 pm

by arch_friend » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:44 pm

Legend of Mana is a bit like CrossCode. It's an old PSX game.

The maps, the roaming and the combat all have the same kind of feeling to them.
no avatar
User

Candance Larsen

Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:55 pm

UK, Chester

by Candance Larsen » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:58 pm

arch_friend wrote:Legend of Mana is a bit like CrossCode. It's an old PSX game.

The maps, the roaming and the combat all have the same kind of feeling to them.

Thanks for recommendation. I'm currently playing it! :A
Yeah, I'm F.I.N.E.: (F)alling apart, (I)nsecure, (N)eeding help, and (E)verything's wrong.
User

Cachwir

Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:24 pm

by Cachwir » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:25 pm

Actually. I think all the *Something* of mana have a lot in common with Crosscode. Mine was Secret of mana on gba.
User

kidnyshotz

Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:38 pm

by kidnyshotz » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:39 pm

.hack//
no avatar
User

Ironony

Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:44 pm

by Ironony » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:57 pm

Crosscode reminded me of Hyper Light Drifter

HLD is more heavy on the fast-paced combat and has a darker tone for all the bright colors it has

http://store.steampowered.com/app/257850/
User

easyai

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:26 am

by easyai » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:47 am

Try Hammerwatch, its a rogue RPG but similar to crosscode still
Previous