Talk about anything else.
User

Zweieck2

Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:52 pm

Germany

Re: The Twitcher, unoficial Twitch Chat CrossWorlds characte

by Zweieck2 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:56 pm

Firecrow wrote:There's not really anything that indicates you have to click at the same time...

You do not have to, as far as I know and tested it... But the cursor has to hover over the object while the key press when the player is close... (and no frobbits are left)

Firecrow wrote:Still, fun little game!

Thanks for the praise! Still I'm not really satisfied with it [original plans following]
SpoilerSHOW
- the fight has almost no substance to it. I didn't have the time to implement health bars or more scenes with more fights. I also intended the sombra hedgehog to be another enemy/boss further on. Following the original idea The Twitcher would have had to work her way up through a series of rooms (resembling nodes on the PC-Twitch connection acros the internet), defeating the frobbits, thus "unfreezing" the connection and always activate a switch, until a big controller in the Twitch servers would be left (time for the boss). Only after that the game would have found its end.

While this is well possible, I guess I won't finish this idea in scratch. I'll rather do that in HTML5 and JS - I totally want to make an engine similar to the one of CC on my own. At least to port the scratch stuff to JS I should have the sufficient skills! :D
User

Zweieck2

Germany

by Zweieck2 » Sun May 08, 2016 8:35 pm

The Twitcher Merchandise!

http://shop.spreadshirt.de/peternerlich/the+twitcher+merchandise?q=T460779

ImageImage

SpoilerSHOW
If the link above doesn't work for you, simply visit https://shop.spreadshirt.de/peternerlich and click the The Twitcher Merchandise category. The rest of the shop is a bit... cluttered.

EDIT:
Time went by and I finally ordered and got my stuff – The Twitcher mug. It's lovely! Watch this part of my unboxing video. It's the first one I ever did btw.
https://youtu.be/7F0AJv2Cxg0?t=58s

Last edited by Zweieck2 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User

CelioHogane

Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:54 pm

by CelioHogane » Sat May 14, 2016 9:34 pm

You know guys? I kinda realized i didn't put the finished walking cicle :P

But well, Better now than never, right?

and besides that, im working in a portrait (Woooh!), while im finishing it, ill show a little Mockup i did using it :3 (The forum makes the image smaller, so if you want to look it with better quality, look at it in another window)

The Twitcher best Waifu.
User

CelioHogane

by CelioHogane » Sun May 22, 2016 8:25 pm

Here you can see the finished version:

The Twitcher best Waifu.
User

V-King

Rank

Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:22 pm

by V-King » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:05 pm

Zweieck2 wrote:The Twitcher Merchandise!
ImageImage

SpoilerSHOW
If the link above doesn't work for you, simply visit https://shop.spreadshirt.de/peternerlich and click the CrossCode Fan Merchandise category. The rest of the shop is a bit... cluttered.

EDIT:
Time went by and I finally ordered and got my stuff – The Twitcher mug. It's lovely! Watch this part of my unboxing video. It's the first one I ever did btw.
https://youtu.be/7F0AJv2Cxg0?t=58s

I know this comes a month too late, but it would be pretty dang sweet if you didn't mark your merch (considering it is you who put up that shop category) as "CrossCode Fan Merchandise" because, frankly, it isn't. That character is not part of the game and thus it creates confusion (and also it breaks a few small but significant copyright laws).

I have to ask you to please rename that category or shop or whatever (I don't really know how spreadshirt works in that regard) to remove all CrossCode and Radical Fish Game references, otherwise those Radical Fishes up there might see semselves forced to send some lawyer-ish stuff your way.

RFG generally doesn't have a problem with fan creating fan crations or fans selling their fan creations to fans, but if you sell that all like "Look, it's from CrossCode!" (which it isn't) then you:
1.) Need to send some licensing fees or something on the way to RFG (because Copyright) AFTER you made some sort of contract with them
2.) Create confusion as to what is official CrossCode merchandise and what isn't
3.) break some laws and that's bad.

Since RFG operates out of Germany all that stuff falls under German law and using German law is super annoying. Nobody wants to deal with that. RFG has to abide German law so you do to. The world works in mysterious ways in that regard.

Let me also remind you that, in order to sell merchandise from your creations, you need to abstain from using direct references to CrossCode or Radical Fish Games. Oh wait, I said that already. Well, better say it twice to make it perfectly clear.

Once again in short: Please change the name of that shop or category from "CrossCode Fan Merchandise" to something different that doesn't have anything related to CrossCode or Radical Fish Games in its name. Otherwise lawyer-stuff happens and that would make everyone sad and angry and then all the little kitties cry. Don't make the little kitties cry. Please.

I'll give you one week time to change it, otherwise I will have to delete your post and edit your signature and remove that link from it.
It can not take the probability into account whether you were online in that week or not. Friday 17th June 2016 will be the date where I will remove the post if it hasn't been changed and also where I will change your signature.

ALSO it is not really clear to me if CelioHogane allowed you to sell stuff he/she created. If one or both of you could post their respective consent over them being A-OK with the other selling stuff then I am OK with it too and everything's peachy. As long as those CrossCode/RFG references in the shop (and signatures etc., too btw!) are removed.

This was a long-ass post, but please read it in full. It's important because otherwise you will lose a lot of money probably maybe and then you will be sad.
User

CelioHogane

by CelioHogane » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:12 pm

Actually he didn't even ask me to made the merchandise, but i don't care personally about it. (Is a pretty cute cup)
The Twitcher best Waifu.
User

Zweieck2

Germany

by Zweieck2 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:26 pm

V-King wrote:I know this comes a month too late, but it would be pretty dang sweet if you didn't mark your merch (considering it is you who put up that shop category) as "CrossCode Fan Merchandise" because, frankly, it isn't. That character is not part of the game and thus it creates confusion (and also it breaks a few small but significant copyright laws).

The original idea was to maybe also make some real fan merchandise with CrossCode stuff (without any copyright laws in mind), but I never got that far.

V-King wrote:I have to ask you to please rename that category or shop or whatever (I don't really know how spreadshirt works in that regard) to remove all CrossCode and Radical Fish Game references, otherwise those Radical Fishes up there might see semselves forced to send some lawyer-ish stuff your way.

Fair enough, did that.
Can I really not even have references, though? I think of it like if I write it was inspired by CrossCode and provide the official link, I count that as a clear CrossCode reference, but it should be totally legal in my understanding. Then, this forum thread is basically a part of CrossCode or at least its surrounding infrastructure, but it is more relevant to "The Twitcher" than anything else on the internet. Would this be counted as illegal in that respect as well?

V-King wrote:RFG has to abide German law so you do to.

I have, too, anyways, because I am a german resident and citizen as well.

V-King wrote:ALSO it is not really clear to me if CelioHogane allowed you to sell stuff he/she created.

CelioHogane wrote:Actually he didn't even ask me to made the merchandise, but i don't care personally about it. (Is a pretty cute cup)

True, I didn't ask him, but from the impression I got in the Twitch chat of him and his relation to the character over the course of the streams it felt obvious to me that he would react that way. I know, a bit careless of me...

V-King wrote:This was a long-ass post, but please read it in full. It's important because otherwise you will lose a lot of money probably maybe and then you will be sad.

In my opinion long, carefully written posts are always worth more that short, possibly ambiguous ones. Thank you for your notice and advice, for it helps avoiding trouble!
User

V-King

Rank

Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:22 pm

by V-King » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:25 am

CelioHogane wrote:Actually he didn't even ask me to made the merchandise, but i don't care personally about it. (Is a pretty cute cup)

If you don't really care that's okay. It's just that if you DID care then that would've broken copyright laws on two grounds (making money off of your original creation and using the CrossCode name without consent of either party).

Zweieck2 wrote:
V-King wrote:I have to ask you to please rename that category or shop or whatever (I don't really know how spreadshirt works in that regard) to remove all CrossCode and Radical Fish Game references, otherwise those Radical Fishes up there might see semselves forced to send some lawyer-ish stuff your way.

Fair enough, did that.
Can I really not even have references, though? I think of it like if I write it was inspired by CrossCode and provide the official link, I count that as a clear CrossCode reference, but it should be totally legal in my understanding. Then, this forum thread is basically a part of CrossCode or at least its surrounding infrastructure, but it is more relevant to "The Twitcher" than anything else on the internet. Would this be counted as illegal in that respect as well?

Copyright law is weird and since it's handled differently from country to country (or in this case it's handled differently in EU states and the US) you can't just reference a copyrighted thing of any kind directly and make money off of it.
The name "The Twitcher" is actually ambigous enough to not even be related to Twitch.tv at all. Could be she just has some really quick reflexes or something.
You can still reference CrossCode in written stuff (that you don't intend to sell), like fan fiction or your character's description, but not in shops or anywhere where you can make money off of it. As I said: Weird. It's really only because it creates confusion as to what is actually part of the CrossCode universe and what isn't. I can make sense of it but not enough to explain it easily.

In regards to this thread, it basically counts as "fan fiction" with a non-commercial intent. So that's okay.
Someone making money off of it is only okay in this case if all references to CrossCode are removed for the intent to sell stuff.
So basically, just as an example, if the characters description reads "She is a player avatar in CrossWorlds and she streams it via Twitch.tv" on this forum, on any online shops it should be something like "She is a player avatar in a fiction MMORPG and she streams it online" or something. Basically just avoid using clear references on sites you intent to sell stuff of your creation.

V-King wrote:ALSO it is not really clear to me if CelioHogane allowed you to sell stuff he/she created.

True, I didn't ask him, but from the impression I got in the Twitch chat of him and his relation to the character over the course of the streams it felt obvious to me that he would react that way. I know, a bit careless of me...

Then remember next time to ask the original creator for his or her consent. It's super duper illegal to make money off of other's works if they don't agree to it. That would be like if you created a video game and released it online for free but I'm selling it without asking you. I make the money and you don't get any of it. Doesn't sound very nice, does it?
Previous