Talk about anything else.
User

CelioHogane

Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:54 pm

The Twitcher, unoficial Twitch Chat CrossWorlds character.

by CelioHogane » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:00 am

Hello happy Crosscode Forums, im Celio Hogane, some of you might know me from the chat of the Crosscode Weekly streams, some don't (You there, Watch the Stream on Twitch! Is the funniest thing ever!)

Anyway, you guys surelly will ask "Who is The Twitcher?"

The thing is, recently this month of february i started making mini icons of the characters, resembling the one in the minimap in crosscode, as you can see in this link (Lea wasn't made by me for... obvius reasons)

So anyway, this february 29 in the stream, instead of deciding myself wich character should have done, i decided to make a poll, adding some of the characters already know, but there was no Hexacast on the list, so i decided to put "Random Hexacast", But that sounded pretty boring just as "A random Hexacast", so i decided to call it "The Twitch Original Character Hexacast",Surprisingly enough, the Hexacast ended being voted (Suck it Shizuka!) So i started making Polls for deciding how it should have looked, Deciding the gender (Female), the name (The Twitcher won, but since it was a nickname i saved the second place as Real name, so she ended with the name of Elisabeth "The Twitcher"), the hair color (White), eye colors (heterocromatic Green and blue), the skin tone (Chocolate), if she was going to wear a hod or not (Obviusly yes, she is a Hexacast, come on...) and if she was going to wear a combat skirt (Yes)

As the polls i was making filled in, i was feeling more and more the character, she totally feeled like the right mascot of the Twitch chat, so, first finished the icon, (Here you have it by the way)

But then i decided "You know what, we had a lot of fun, it was an interactive experience, it was totally a group thing, i should keep going" and, The Twitcher, last minute thing that i added to the poll, had become something the people of the chat like it, and i decided to make it a full sprite.

When the Streaming of Radical fish ended, i started another in wich some of the members joined in the chat to keep going, and it was something fun, something that i started but keeped going, so i decided, i will keep going for a while, let's see how does The Twitcher ends.

This is the First poll i will make for the forums, the results of the poll will end when i start a second Streaming for her, the question of the poll is: Spiky Hood or Round hood?
The Twitcher best Waifu.
User

CelioHogane

Re: The Twitcher, unoficial Twitch Chat CrossWorlds characte

by CelioHogane » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:14 pm

Hello guys again, today i did a new stream making new sprites of The Twitcher, so that means the hood poll ended, here you can see the results.

Round hood won, so lets say bye to the spiky hood :(

Anyway, here you can see the results of today's stream:

So anyway, since the last Poll ended, we need another Poll, right? so the next question is...

Wich is The The Twitcher main element?
The Twitcher best Waifu.
User

CelioHogane

by CelioHogane » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:27 am

Well i guess this poll was really hard to tell and untill the end it really struggled deciding wich element she was goWHO IM KIDDING, everybody voted shock (Including myself) I knew it was kinda obvius choice, buy i mean even that i can't just asume it, everybody voting is part of the character.

Poll votesSHOW

So, The Twitcher's still pose is finaly completed, it really took me it's time, i hadn't been so productive in months XD (God dammit is in Fanart!) i will put a non zoomed version if people want her.

Non ZoomSHOW

Well, another Poll completed so it means another question!

Is The Twitcher an active fighter or a pasive fighter?
(With active or pasive i mean focused more on defense or on attack)
The Twitcher best Waifu.
User

Zweieck2

Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:52 pm

Germany

by Zweieck2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:00 pm

My (and the) very first sketch of Elisabeth "The Twitcher" (aside from the pixel art). :D

Check it out in full quality at http://zweieck2.deviantart.com/art/The-Twitcher-Chibi-sketch-599553092!
Image:
SpoilerSHOW

My idea of that pose:
SpoilerSHOW
The Twitcher is about to cast a powerful spell and is hovering in the air prior to this, the moment where this sketch is placed at. She has a triumphal facial expression that has also something scary in it. She is looking down on the viewer/enemy, eyes and the stripes on her cloth intensely glowing.
But these details are still a TODO for refinement on the computer.

EDIT:
I made a quick coloring of the sketch - and spent a lot of time on experimenting with effects.
HQ: http://zweieck2.deviantart.com/art/The-Twitcher-Chibi-sketch-colored-599903538
Image:
SpoilerSHOW

I probably won't have the time to develop this further in the near future. :(
Last edited by Zweieck2 on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
User

Tobsen85

Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:05 am

by Tobsen85 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:08 am

Is it ok to put fanart here? The user Zweieck2 suggested The Twitcher to me to draw her. I used the pixel sprites and an artwork which artist I don't know as reference.

You can see the fanart in full quality on DeviantArt: http://fav.me/da08svo
User

Zweieck2

Germany

by Zweieck2 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:35 am

Maybe I should post the drawing of Felix, since he hasn't been doing so.

I'm using the original dropbox link he released in the stream, so no idea whether it will be down sometime.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/x8cslkoudwt38ic/twitcher.jpg

Image:
SpoilerSHOW
User

Zweieck2

Germany

by Zweieck2 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:47 pm

I just uploaded my entry for the GameCup competition in scratch (https://scratch.mit.edu/) of the university Zittau/Görlitz. Of course it's about The Twitcher. Game-wise there is not much to do, sadly, but I ran out of time. Maybe I will continue this later...

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/106911216/

User

lachsen

Rank

Developer

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:35 pm

by lachsen » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:19 am

Heh, that was fun. :D
I got to the part where I have to press [E] on the Terminal to continue, but that didn't seem to work. Is that where it currently ends?
User

Zweieck2

Germany

by Zweieck2 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:38 am

lachsen wrote:Heh, that was fun. :D

Thanks! :D

lachsen wrote:I got to the part where I have to press [E] on the Terminal to continue, but that didn't seem to work. Is that where it currently ends?

Almost. You have to be close enough (I assume you stood more than 30 px away - it's pretty narrow, but kind of on purpose).
In scratch it is this ridiculous condition block:
SpoilerSHOW
User

Firecrow

Sat May 30, 2015 11:34 pm

Canada

by Firecrow » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:20 pm

I had to look at your condition block to find out how to proceed. There's not really anything that indicates you have to click at the same time... Still, fun little game!
Next