Report bugs or give feedback for CrossCode.
User

danbruegge

Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:49 pm

[Solved][Linux][PS4-Controller] Quick menu problems

by danbruegge » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:57 pm

Hi. first, thanks for the great game. :)

I'm playing CC on Archlinux with a PS4 Controller. My first problem is, if i have only inserted one controller, i can't aim correctly with lea. A workaround i found is inserting a second controller. A bit annoying bot no big deal.

My main issues is selecting the quick menu. I need to hold L2. For whatever reason, i can't navigate correctly through the item menu while i'm holding L2. Same for the scanner. If i hold L2, the cursor is jumping or dragging up. So the item menu is constantly scrolling up, same with the scanner. The map is fine, because i don't have to hold L2.

Is it possible to access the quick menu only with a L2 click, without the need of holding it all the time?

Regards, dan.
Last edited by danbruegge on Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

FONFON

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:32 am

Re: [Linux][PS4-Controller] Quick menu problems

by FONFON » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:45 am

Hi not a dev,
Few things that comes to mind,
Is you xorg configured to let joysticks act as a mouse? (easy to check, can you move the mouse with the controller?)
It causes most games swap between 'controller mode' and 'keyboard and mouse mode' as it will receive both joystick and mouse events at the same time which cancels inputs and causes weird behavior.
you'll need to disable that.

Is you're dualshock connected over bluetooth or wired?
I use the dualshock3 so I'm not 100% that your experience would be the same, but i find that if I've connected via bluetooth CrossCode currently doesn't seem to identify the controller correctly. (at least for me, on my neon install)
I find the wired mode works without any issues though.

Lastly if playing the game via steam, besides the custom controller profiles for the game, i forget the name of the checkbox but there's a option to present the game with a emulated xpad this sometimes gets in the way.

Hope this helps
User

danbruegge

Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:49 pm

Re: [Linux][PS4-Controller] Quick menu problems

by danbruegge » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:47 pm

@FONFON thanks for the info. :)

Looks like, using the xbox controller setting in steam instead of ps4 controller solved the problem. Now i can insert the usb and play without any problems. No need to switch R1 with R2 or insert a seconde controller. :)