Report bugs or give feedback for CrossCode.

No sound from DS4 audio jack

no avatar
User

Mivey

Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:20 am

No sound from DS4 audio jack

by Mivey » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:25 am

The DS4 acts as an audio device, with the Wireless Adapter at least. This works like you would expect for pretty much any game or application(web browser (even playing the Cross-Code demo), video players, you name it), except with Cross Code. I checked with the volume mixer in Windows 10 too, it simply does not play any sound, but once I change the audio device to the monitor for example, it works just fine.

Now this is not a big thing for me, and unless you actually have a DS4 with the adapter this is probably impossible to recreate and test, so I would be understanding if this isn't addressed, especially since the game is getting closer to its 1.0 release.
User

heydogers

Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:00 pm

São Paulo, Brazil

Re: No sound from DS4 audio jack

by heydogers » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:33 pm

You are using DS4Windows drivers?
Maybe it works...

Another thing you can try is to download nw.js and try to start the game from it. I recommend version 0.12.3 - At least it recognizes the DS4 without needing external drivers ;)
Brazilian RPG-Maker Developer and a crazy one by Cross-Code!
Twitter -- @themitosan
Instagram -- @themitosan
no avatar
User

Mivey

by Mivey » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:13 pm

That actually worked, but not with 0.12.3. Thanks heydogers
I decompressed the .exe file and copied the newest NW.js version files there. So I guess unless there is a reason for Crosscode not to ship with a newer version of nw.js, that would be a possible fix. In fact, probably the only one since this an HTML5 game that depends on the browser for hardware access.
User

heydogers

São Paulo, Brazil

by heydogers » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:18 pm

Mivey wrote:That actually worked, but not with 0.12.3. Thanks heydogers
I decompressed the .exe file and copied the newest NW.js version files there. So I guess unless there is a reason for Crosscode not to ship with a newer version of nw.js, that would be a possible fix. In fact, probably the only one since this an HTML5 game that depends on the browser for hardware access.

I know answer this - when you try load the game, you get an error saying "you can load files only via https:// and not file:// ". Basically, if you want cross-code running in a newer version of nw.js, you MUST place the game files in a server (you can use XAMPP as a local server) - it will work like a charm!

(PS: The same thing happens with a rpgmv games)
Twitter -- @themitosan
Instagram -- @themitosan
no avatar
User

Mivey

by Mivey » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:59 pm

I wasn't getting any such errors. At any rate, once the final version hits I could simply swap out the nw.js browser for myself. I guess updates would be a hassle since I would need to repeat the procedure.
User

heydogers

São Paulo, Brazil

by heydogers » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:12 pm

Mivey wrote:I wasn't getting any such errors. At any rate, once the final version hits I could simply swap out the nw.js browser for myself. I guess updates would be a hassle since I would need to repeat the procedure.

I believe they will still find a way to dribble this problem of new versions of nw ...
Twitter -- @themitosan
Instagram -- @themitosan