Report bugs or give feedback for CrossCode.

Saves gone?

no avatar
User

JerryHellbound

Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:52 pm

Saves gone?

by JerryHellbound » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:33 am

Somehow, all of my saves (which ive had for many hours, going at 26+ hours) that i was level 45, gotten wave and was just about to get shock, had a really good build when it came to equipment along with a good build with skills. Somehow it just, poof
I had just gotten the blackmarket pass from the boss after the sneaking mission.

All of it is gone. Ive tried to find it with an undeleter, no dice. System Restore, not even one bit.
Its just... gone.
(Did i mention i was also extremely rich due to the extreme amount of grinding to get the equipment)

Is there way for me to edit a save to mimic my lost one?
Ive sunk in hours into this game, and this has happened to me before with other games, but I would know what happened, like me formatting my computer etc, then i just throw in the towel and give up on the game. But i dont want to do that with Crosscode, not only that, but this is a freak case for me. So really... I need a way to restore edit my saves...
Ive spent about a few hours just trying to see if i can recover them, so this is my last hope.
Laptop
Win10 64 bit
intel i7
16gb ram
GeForce GT 240M 1GB
User

lachsen

Rank

Developer

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:35 pm

Re: Saves gone?

by lachsen » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:09 am

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that happened - I even implemented some save backup feature to avoid these kind of problems, but I suppose it doesn't help in all cases. We unfortunately don't have any program to modify save files, but I think some people in the community created a save file editor. I just can't find the link at the moment but I'll ask around.
User

streetclaw

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:35 pm

Re: Saves gone?

by streetclaw » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:11 pm

There are two Savegame Editor versions you can use to recreate your Savegames.

Where are my Savegames stored

• Windows: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\CrossCode\cc.save
  • Linux: ~/.config/CrossCode/Default/cc.save
  • Mac OS: ~/Library/Application Support/CrossCode/Default/cc.save

(CrossCode Versions before 0.8.2-2 store saves in Local Storage)

This Save file is a json where all aes encrypted string are stored. It is not compatible with the savegame editors. Only a single entry out of the list will work.

How to edit Savegames
  1. Load the save that you want to edit
  2. Press F10 and copy the Encrypted Save string (upper part) out of the Game
  3. Open one of the two Savegame editors:

My Editor

1. Open the savegameEdit.html
    2. Paste the string in the upper textfild
    3. Press Decoding
    4. Make your changes in the bottom part
    5. Press Encoding
    6. Copy the string from the upper textfild into the empty Textfild in the bottom part of the Game (F10)
    7. Press Submit
    8. A "Import Successful!" Message appears if it is imported correctly
    9. The new Save is on the last slot in the loading screen
    10. Make sure the save works correctly

Editor from Omegalink12

1. Open the link
    2. Paste the string in the left textfild
    3. Press -->
    4. Make your changes in the right part
    5. Press <--
    6. Copy the string from the left textfild into the empty Textfild in the bottom part of the Game (F10)
    7. Press Submit
    8. A "Import Successful!" Message appear if it is imported correctly
    9. The new Save is on the last slot in the loading screen
    10. Make sure the save works correctly

IMPORTANT: Beware of corrupting the Savegame. Corrupted Savegames can't be included in the game or arn't working if they are loaded. If you are not sure you can make small changes step by step and can check if the save is still working. You can delete your testing saves if you don't use them anymore (there are only 99 save slots)

NOTE: Trigger for quest or the story are hard to add. I would recommend to not do that. You have to find the right trigger names on the map were the trigger is placed and add them to the Savegame. (These entries are stored in the object "storage" e.g. storage > hideout/path-1 > shreddersDefeated represents the trigger for defeating the first enemies in the game). Your items are in player > items. The number represents the Item Id. You can look them up with the https://github.com/CCDirectLink/SpericalViewer (in development) or by extraction the game data.

Excursus: Extracting game data

• Windows and Linux Version of CrossCode
    • The compiled application contains the game data as a zip Archive. The first part of the application is x86 asm. The Archive starts somewere after the Assembly. A lot Unzip tools search for zips at the beginning of the file which is not working in this case. So far as I know only WinRar can extracts zips that start somewere else: Rename .exe (Windows) / CrossCode (Linux) to .zip and extract it with winrar
    • Use the SpericalViewer (https://github.com/CCDirectLink/SpericalViewer) to extract the game by droping it in the Window

SpericalViewer game storage:

• Windows: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SpericalViewer\GameStorage
      • Mac OS: ~/Library/Application Support/SpericalViewer/GameStorage
      • Linux: ~/.config/SpericalViewer/GameStorage
  • Mac OS Version
    The Mac OS Version is an folder (.app). You can direct access any resources you want (if you use Mac OS you can open it with right click > "Show Package Contents")

Resources

• data/item-database.json (all Items; the position in the array represents the Item Id)
    • data/maps/ (all maps; if you search for trigger)

Excursus: Build SpericalViewer

Build instructions: https://github.com/CCDirectLink/Sperica ... INSTALL.md

It is planed to add the Savegame Editor to the SpericalViewer Project and build it as out of the box usable version if the development reachs a certain point. I currently have not time to do this so you have to use the "hard way".
Official CrossCode wiki | CrossCode Discord | CrossCode GitHub Projects
Every help with the CrossCode wiki is welcome.