Report bugs or give feedback for CrossCode.

Random Noise

no avatar
User

kittendoll

Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:24 pm

Random Noise

by kittendoll » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:31 pm

This could be a stupid bug to report, I found it because i was wiggling the controller with my free hand when my game was interrupted by an annoying phonecall, but playing on headset (Logitech H540 if it matters) going in and out of a door in Rookie Harbour repeatedly can cause the 'junk crowd noise' sound to suddenly start playing at maximum system output volume, independent of both system master volume and game volume settings. Changing screens afterwards does not cause the playback of this sound file to cease. Though I didn't try teleporting.

So far I've only had it happen once, but it was odd enough I figured I'd report it. Closing and reopening the game does fix the issue.

Win7 64 bit
intel i7 4770
16gb ram
GeForce GTX760 (on driver 378.78)

no dedicated soundcard, just the mobo onboard and the H540's on-plug soundchip.

Cross Code up to date according to Steam.
User

lachsen

Rank

Developer

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:35 pm

Re: Random Noise

by lachsen » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:05 am

Is this issue somehow reproducible, as in: Do you know steps we can do so this issue happens again?
Otherwise this might be very hard to for us to fix.
I occasionally do have issues myself where background sounds won't stop playing and I plan to have a closer look at this sometime - but I never experienced these problems with volume.
no avatar
User

kittendoll

Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Random Noise

by kittendoll » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:09 pm

So far a second instance has not occurred. The only steps i can think of was i was jjust wigglign my controller back and forth, irrespective of the load times, just up down up down up down at a fidgetting pace while on the phone, which led to back and forth through the door a lot, and then suddenly lots of noise.