Report bugs or give feedback for CrossCode.

{Feedback and Suggestion}

no avatar
User

christofff

Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:58 am

{Feedback and Suggestion}

by christofff » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:23 am

Dear Radical Fish Games team,

Thank you so much for a wonderful game which has revived my hope in the future of games. Truly. I never thought I would have so much fun, even just hacking bushes! I love everything about this game so far, especially the inception-style tongue-in-cheek humour. Music, art, challenging gameplay, addicitive levelling to just get "one more" metal blades, engaging deep story, variety in characters, well-thought out puzzles, ahhh soo refreshing to have a game which I don't have to say :...well this game could have been so good apart from this, which ruins it".

Im in my late 30s and i've played tonnes of games since young. My favourites of all-time include deus ex, dungeon master, rainbow island 2, cannon fodder, the original fallout, planescape torment, and i don't hesitate to add this to that list.

So I humbly ask you guys, please don't stop expanding and working on this game, adding more content, etc. Its just so good and it deserves it, you've got a real gem!

With that in mind I will like to share some quick suggestions {btw, I am only lvl 19 so far and 10 hours gameplay so take my words what you will}.

-it would be great to be able to choose a character to team with other than Emilie. A different class, especially for those who aren't defensive minded.
-I would love to see the circuit tree expanded a little, maybe a fifth circuit? {Since there are five classes / elements}. perhaps a circuit which involves increased elemental damage to Ranged /Melee or both. Or something which gives massive finishing moves but which leave Lea stunned for a few seconds? {Like a bull when it charges and hits a awall}.
-It would be great if there an option to leaves notes on the map screen. For things like chests / mission objectives so you don't forget their location and have to trek endlessly around later on to find them {although admittedly it is fun, trekking, harvesting resources from trees}
-Some of the locations just seem impossible to reach. I have found the majority of chests / secret chests {20 / 28, etc.}, but some I can see, I just have no idea how to reach even after trying to reach them from other map screens, etc. I hope there isn't something which cause my movement / jumping abiility to improve later? And if not, besides cheating which I loathe to do, is there any middle ground way to get a little hint to how to access them? Such as you could purchase some info from a guy in town, at the inn?

-Finally I have forgot how to reliable to the "dash moves", they just turn into my regular combat moves half the time. Is there any way to bring up the tutorials again for such things? Like a tutorial encyclopedia? Also one of the tutorials on how to contact others {I think its the one on direct link}, is bugged, it brings up the inventory screen instead of the social screen.

Keep up the good work!

p.s I have many great ideas for games / plots of games. If you would like I am happy to share some for yours that I have been thinking about, free of charge ;)
no avatar
User

christofff

Re: {Feedback and Suggestion}

by christofff » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:28 am

Forgot to add, I noticed some items seem pretty rare, like Golden Triangle i think its called. But I noticed it can be used for multple trades. And i'm not sure which one to use it for, since it probably means I won't be able to use it for the other. I'm guessing this was intentional to prevent uber-item-characters, but at the same time, being a resourcesful player liike myself, i'm hesitant to use the item to trade at all!! I don't really know what to suggest, so I guess its just feedback ;)

-Oh and btw I think your forum is too dark for such a bright game. I'd love to see some brighter themes somewhere.
User

Firecrow

Sat May 30, 2015 11:34 pm

Canada

by Firecrow » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:38 pm

Hi, I can answer a few of your questions.

You get a second teammate when you reach the end of the desert. He's a Hexacast, so more of a ranged mage type fighter. There is planned to be more party members in late-game/new game plus, and you'll have to choose between them since you can only have two teammates at a time.

There are actually five circuit trees at the moment, one for each element. I'm not sure if you've gotten the Heat element yet, but based on your level you should at least be close. Anyway, a new circuit tree unlocks every time you get a new element. And they have some pretty interesting passive skills, while the Neutral tree's passives are rather generic since they're always active.

Map notes have been requested before. I agree they'd be a nice feature, but no word yet on whether we'll see them. Chest hints will probably be added, although it would be more something you can buy that tells you where the chests are, rather than how to reach them. There's no jumping boost ability, though. Other than the locked chests and a few obviously blocked by ice walls, you won't find a lot where you need to get an ability and backtrack until you start seeing wave teleporters, and that's not until the jungle area. For the most part, it's just a long and confusing path to reach them, and be warned that the hard to reach chests get harder with each new area.

For the dash arts, make sure you're dashing before you hit the special button. If you hit them at the same time, you might melee instead. It's the same as the other arts, except unlike guarding or aiming, dashing isn't something you can hold, so you need a bit of timing.

The broken tutorials are known. The devs rearranged the menu in the last update, and it broke almost all the tutorials. There should be a patch to fix them soon.

And this might have changed in the latest update, but there used to be only one trade requiring golden triangles. I can check it for you later, but I for one am going to be unhappy if we can't get all equipment anymore.
no avatar
User

christofff

by christofff » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:39 am

That's great, thanks Scarecrow!

I just got the heat element after osting, lol.
User

Firecrow

Sat May 30, 2015 11:34 pm

Canada

by Firecrow » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:08 am

I checked the trades, and don't worry, there's no limited-supply items that are used in multiple trades. You might have confused the Golden Triangles and Golden Rings. ...There is a slight problem there though, in that the Golden Ring trade requires two of them, and as of the latest update it's no longer possible to get more than one. I've mentioned this to the devs, and hopefully it'll be fixed soon.