Report bugs or give feedback for CrossCode.
User

Cachwir

Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:24 pm

Framerate drops starting on Bergen's road

by Cachwir » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:13 am

Hi !

I'm playing on the 8.2-3 beta version on Linux mint and Windows 8 and I'm having the same issue on both OS. I didn't try to play on another version of CrossCode on this computer so I don't know if this bug is new or not.
As Balordin in his own topic, I'm having weird framerate drops (I don't know from where to where though but it looks like 60 to 10-20).

They start happening on the entrance of Bergen's road and continue in Bergen (maybe because of the snow effect ?) and tend to appear randomly (but very often) and last 5-10 seconds. I haven't tried after Bergen.

Here's my config :
RAM : 7,7 Gio
Processor : Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz × 8
Graphics : GeForce GT 740M/PCIe/SSE2
OS type : 64 bits (both on Windows and Linux mint)
Capacity : 78,6 Go

Edit : ok now that happens anywhere but much more often when there is a fight or snow.
User

lachsen

Rank

Developer

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:35 pm

Re: Framerate drops starting on Bergen's road

by lachsen » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:51 pm

I'm sorry, but I don't think I can help you with those performance issues.

Most likely this is an issue with NW.js which is essentially a browser we use to play CrossCode which is an HTML5 app.
Since your problem exists in both Windows 8 AND Linux I don't even think changing the NW.js version will help since the one used for Linux is pretty much up to date.

One thing you could try is entirely disabling the Intel Integrated GPU. It could be that CrossCode uses that one.

There is also still one thing that we could try which is essentially disabling the GPU driver blacklist - it's possible that your current driver is blacklisted in which case the game switches to software rendering. But again, it is weird that it happens for both Windows and Linux.
User

Cachwir

Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: Framerate drops starting on Bergen's road

by Cachwir » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:48 am

Fixed it ! So disabling the Intel GPU gave even worse performances so instead, I chose to change its settings to maximal performances and it worked.