Report bugs or give feedback for CrossCode.
no avatar
User

SkoalBandits

Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:44 am

Bugs on the new 0.8

by SkoalBandits » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:20 am

Been playing since the update and love it! A few bugs i have encountered in the new update:

In the new area of Rookie Harbor "Falling Exit" when going across the bridge with the speed gap or whatever you'd like to call it, landing on the silver box below the jump while holding right puts me into the houses and not viewable. Walking left simply drops me back to the ground.

In the BakII'Kum solar Farm, a pair of NPC's repeat the phrase "we could also do some quests" twice instead of once.

Autumn Fall - Ancient Center - Found a cave that when I go into, crashes the game 50% of the time. Otherwise it simply kicks me back to the beginning of the cave.

Will update as I keep playing. Amazing game and love the hard work and effort everyone puts into this amazing game!
User

Wervyn

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:05 am

Re: Bugs on the new 0.8

by Wervyn » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:36 am

Great update, took me several hours of play to get through the new content and I'm pretty sure I haven't tracked down all of the quests in the other areas yet.

Couple major bugs I noticed:
  1. Trying to skip the intro cutscene for the boss of the shock dungeon causes the game to just hang up, waiting forever on a key movement point in the middle of the animation. It's still animating too, he's just hovering there. Fortunately it's not a super long intro; this boss was HARD at level 41.
  2. I managed to lock myself out of the new Bergen Trail parkour quest by finishing right at (or maybe just a hair past) the time limit. I got a message from him congratulating me, but when I talk to him afterward he tells me to start the quest again. Problem is, the starting marker isn't there anymore, and leaving the screen or reloading doesn't reset anything.
There were several minor clipping issues here and there, but unfortunately the recording I thought I was making of the whole thing didn't take so I don't have a good recollection of where. Someone else will surely find them though.

By the way, is there really no Gold Key yet, and you're just tantalizing us with tons of chests in the jungle that can't be opened yet? I'm pretty sure I've managed to get to most or all of them at this point, but wow are there a lot of them.

Another great job guys, looking forward to seeing all of the area fleshed out next time!
User

medsal15

Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:17 pm

by medsal15 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:13 pm

As I wrote in the 0.7+ report thread (before I saw this one)
In the 0.8 update, shielding does not protect from monk turrets (in the trials). The knockback isn't reduced so you still have to go on platforms corners to dodge.
no avatar
User

SkoalBandits

Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:44 am

by SkoalBandits » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:59 am

the thunder cat, or whatever it is called - when i use the wind property ranged attack, the charged shot will one shot the cat, and will not count towards the battle timer to keep the battle level active. Example, if I am at Rank B and about to run out, and use a charged wind shot, the timer will continue to run out.
no avatar
User

hillyc

Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:10 pm

by hillyc » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:25 pm

In Zirvitar Temple if you shoot the fire or ice throw abilities at those wave bubbles each particle of flame will turn into a wave shot. Not only is it powerful against those robots that are weak to wave, but it also recharges your SP so you can do it indefinitely. This seems unintentional and overpowered.
no avatar
User

Questioner

Fri May 27, 2016 5:59 pm

by Questioner » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Not sure if this is a bug, but I was able to open several chests (mostly in Bergen Trail and Bergen Village due to many ledges) without standing next to them.
Instead, I was able to jump close enough to click on the chest before I hit the ground (with some timing involved).

This included both jumping from lower platforms, and sometimes jumping "around" obstacles, such as jumping around the left block to the chest on top of the bar in Bergen Village.

Steam, 0.8.1, Autumn's Fall Preset

EDIT: Jumping fixed in 0.8.2. The only problem that remains is that you can jump "around" certain blocks to reach platforms.
For example this makes obtaining the chest on the bar of Bergen Village much easier. You can simply walk as far down as possible without falling, then run left, and Lea will jump around the block. If you hold the forward key at the right time, you can land on the other side with the chest.
no avatar
User

Questioner

Fri May 27, 2016 5:59 pm

by Questioner » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:22 am

When entering the Trial Of Bullets in Zirvitar Temple for the second time, you can shoot at the hole in the window (Since you now have access to higher platforms). However, the hole acts like a normal wall, deflecting charged shots. I know that it may be needed for solving the teleportation puzzle in that room, but it looks very strange.

0.8.2, Steam, Autumn's fall Preset
no avatar
User

j2767mr

Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:39 pm

by j2767mr » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:29 am

If you teleport to CrossCentral from Basin Keep the barrier doesn't open.
User

Firecrow

Sat May 30, 2015 11:34 pm

Canada

by Firecrow » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:26 am

Alright, here's a list of (mostly minor) bugs I've found in v0.8!

First of all, I did a bit of digging into that graphical bug with the Magmanizer burn meter. I know the devs have been aware of this for a while, but couldn't fix it because they couldn't consistently reproduce it. I think I know what's going on here.

There's some variable tied to the burn meter. It starts at 0, increases as you get hit by the flamethrower, and when it hits 100, you get the Burn status effect. (Probably not accurate, but it'll serve for this explanation.)

Something is regularly decrementing this value. I don't know why, or what, or how, but when you walk into the first Magmanizer fight it's sitting at -1000 or something. When the burn meter shows up, it tries to display -1000/100, and ends up with a whole bunch of garbage graphics off to the left of the meter. It's not obvious if you don't sit around for a while with a late-game tanky build, but as you take more flamethrower hits, the garbage graphics slowly go away, and it's only when they're completely gone that the burn meter starts to fill.

It doesn't seem to be reproducible because as soon as you die, or win, or get burned, the meter resets to 0. Because the enemy uses burn, the burn meter resets. Makes sense. And when you get to the next Magmanizer, it's only at -10 or something, and you don't even notice it. I'm triggering it on my late-game saves, and it's noticeable, but not as severe as when I first entered the temple.

Secondly, I managed to crash the game while investigating this by trying to quit to the menu during a Magmanizer fight. Here's the crashlog, with save data removed for length:
SpoilerSHOW
map: [heat-dng.f3.room-05], version: [v0.8.2-3 BETA], platform: [Desktop], OS: [Windows], browser: [Chrome], browserVersion: [30], webAudioSupport: [true], webAudioOption: [true]

STACK TRACE

TypeError: Cannot read property '5' of undefined
at d.ig.I3a.ig.sa.extend.Kt (file:///C:/Users/Adrian/AppData/Local/Temp/nw2732_3518/js/game.compiled.js:265:31)
at d.ig.I3a.ig.sa.extend.HQ (file:///C:/Users/Adrian/AppData/Local/Temp/nw2732_3518/js/game.compiled.js:265:313)
at d.ig.mDa.ig.sa.extend.HQ (file:///C:/Users/Adrian/AppData/Local/Temp/nw2732_3518/js/game.compiled.js:343:487)
at d.sc.iA.sc.aO.extend.update (file:///C:/Users/Adrian/AppData/Local/Temp/nw2732_3518/js/game.compiled.js:2737:158)
at d.e.(anonymous function) [as update] (file:///C:/Users/Adrian/AppData/Local/Temp/nw2732_3518/js/game.compiled.js:28:332)
at d.sc.zZa.ig.xf.extend.yv (file:///C:/Users/Adrian/AppData/Local/Temp/nw2732_3518/js/game.compiled.js:2712:339)
at d.ig.mDa.ig.sa.extend.update [as parent] (file:///C:/Users/Adrian/AppData/Local/Temp/nw2732_3518/js/game.compiled.js:357:191)
at d.sc.PZa.ig.mDa.extend.update (file:///C:/Users/Adrian/AppData/Local/Temp/nw2732_3518/js/game.compiled.js:3920:20)
at d.e.(anonymous function) [as update] (file:///C:/Users/Adrian/AppData/Local/Temp/nw2732_3518/js/game.compiled.js:28:332)
at d.ig.mDa.ig.sa.extend.za (file:///C:/Users/Adrian/AppData/Local/Temp/nw2732_3518/js/game.compiled.js:356:59)

Now some minor mapping/enemy issues!

This Shokat in Calm Backyard wandered onto the button, breaking the puzzle. On the one hand, I want this to not happen anymore... on the other hand, now I really want a puzzle where you have to lead a Shokat around to press unreachable buttons.

There's a navmap problem for this platform in Ringing River. Enemies seem to think they can just walk over to it, and they fall in the river repeatedly if you stand there. Normally, it's only reachable by dash-cancelling, but the Behesloth just below here can easily knock you over here with its dash attack. Which is also a problem, since it can trap you if you don't know about dash-cancelling.

The change in the Cactone appearance has made it obvious that there's a few misplaced Oasis Cactones. One in Dusty Path and several in Paw Cliffs that I've found.

The timed switch in Bergen Waterfalls should probably be updated so its animation matches all the timed switches from the update. At the moment, it activates fully, and then deactivates without an animation when its timer runs out.

There's a sign in Autumn's Fall Village Remains that says going north will take you to Bergen Trail, which is definitely not true.

A note on Quest Items: The Proof of Progression is not removed from your inventory at the end of the second monk quest, when it probably should be (since the Proof of Ascension was). For that matter, you keep the Autumn and Bergen Probes too - possibly intended, but I'm not sure why. And in the hermit's hut quest, the shopkeeper says they're giving you a boiler repair kit, but unlike every other quest, there isn't an actual item that they give you.

And lastly, one bizarre one that I can't reproduce! Fun stuff.

This orange barrier in the Trial of Ascension failed to despawn when I hit the two switches. The platforms moved into it, and I was pushed off and fell to my death. I could not make this happen again.
no avatar
User

BobbyTheChill

Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:28 pm

by BobbyTheChill » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Not really a bug, just a small spelling error.

The guy outside Zirvitar Temple says how difficult it is to dodge lightning bolds, not lightning bolts.

Thanks for the new content, and keep up the good work.
Next