Report bugs or give feedback for CrossCode.
User

Urinstein

Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:41 am

Re: Combat Feedback: Switching between Melee/Ranged

by Urinstein » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:20 am

Lol. That's pretty much what I was suggesting in the first post. But I would rather the shooting be the default because of charge shot and aim steadying. Instead holding down Shift and clicking LMB would cause Lea to strike in melee.

No, I must have failed to emphasise the crux of my point.

In your case, when pressing nothing, you still have to make an input in order zo start the aiming process and then another input to shoot.
And for melee you need to make an input to go into melee mode and then another one to attack.

In my case, when pressing nothing, you just fo ONE input for melee. That's one less.
And when you hold down the button you not only CAN aim, you actually start aiming right away. That means this toggle button substitutes the old aim input (which was holding down mouse) by the new one and the actual shooting stay the same.

So where my proposal actually differs, is binding the aim mode to the "ranged toggle button.
That way the introduction of a toggle button would not ADD another input to the whole process, like it does in your proposal.
"Twice as eloquent but still disappointed, Lea left the dungeon"
User

darternight

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:46 pm

by darternight » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:42 pm

I would like to add that there are still people like me who prefer ranged attacks over melee so perhaps we could go into the options menu and invert the button from default melee to default ranged if that makes sense. I think we would all benefit from this because it would encourage more play styles and not just WACKEMWACKEMWACKEMWACKEM. Not saying that's what it encourages right now I'm just trying to prove a point.
HAVE FUN!
no avatar
User

heftig

Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:12 pm

by heftig » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:25 pm

This has been bothering me as well. I'd rather have Melee+Ranged bound to the mouse buttons and block/dash somewhere on the keyboard.

I can't try a controller as the game doesn't seem to support Steam Controllers on Linux (where they work fine in Big Picture and other games using XInput).
Previous