by RadicalDude » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:57 pm

http://www.twitch.tv/radicalfishgames

What are you waiting for?
User

Vegita

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:29 am

Re: CrossCode Stream!

by Vegita » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:21 am

Just watched it on youtube. The map editor looks so fun, too bad i can't spend 5000€ :D
no avatar
User

Phoenix

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:26 pm

by Phoenix » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:46 pm

I found the map editor a little clunky, powerful but unergonimic. If you count the time Felix needed to make the relatively simple map (and he's experienced) it took way too long for the complexity the map had. You guys should invest some time in making it more ergonomic it'll be worth it when you won't have so many map bugs to debug such as collisions being inconsistent

but nonetheless, good job on the editors
User

Vegita

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:29 am

by Vegita » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:33 pm

The problem is, you can spend time on improving the editor or make actual content with it. You have to find the right balance between them. Maybe they could add autocollisions, but that's the only thing i can think of right now.
no avatar
User

Phoenix

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:26 pm

by Phoenix » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:57 am

Well obviously it costs time to improve it. But at it's current state there's still profit to be had in spending time to speed up the mapping process later, just imagine making large dungeons with lots of puzzels and different heights maybe even mountains that you can climb knowing how painful the way collision works is it would take many months of work with the editor in it's current state.

Why not use different layers for walkable and colliding tiles?
In the map editor I created for my indie game the way I automatically create collision is by having each object that is on the same tile as the entity create collision and entities on the same layer collide between each other. I find that system to work well but since your collision requires a direction for the balls you'd have to manually set the corners
User

RadicalDude

Rank

Developer

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:34 pm

by RadicalDude » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:18 pm

Stream is up again!

CLICK ME!

Come join us!
User

RadicalDude

Rank

Developer

by RadicalDude » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:20 pm

New stream start right now! We just decided to do one! Awesome? Awesome!

http://www.twitch.tv/indofrece

Join the fun!
no avatar
User

NiuWang

Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:43 am

by NiuWang » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:49 am

Are you guys able to dual stream on different sites (i.e Hitbox, Beam.pro, etc..) since I don't use twitch a lot.
User

Atlessa

Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:37 pm

Mönchengladbach (NRW/Germany)

by Atlessa » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:22 pm

Can't say anything about the technicalities of streaming, but what I can say is this:
It would probably be a hell to moderate. (Assuming those other sites have a similar chat function as twitch. I didn't use them yet)
User

RadicalDude

Rank

Developer

by RadicalDude » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:26 pm

We'll probably use another stream service in the future anyway for the backers only stream and stuff. Twitch doesn't have private stream so we can't do it otherwise. For open streams however we prefer Twitch as people are pretty much accustomed to the environment and we have a lot of options.
Next