General discussion about CrossCode.
no avatar
User

Chen

Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:46 am

Re: Breaking the Ice. How did you find CrossCode?

by Chen » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:33 pm

For me it was that time again where i wanted to play the Velsabor Demo again, saw the new canceled version and in the same post from Lachsen saw his new project and gave the demo a try. Now i have something besides Taras Adventure what i am waiting for (that is if it is not canceled as well, been 3 years already since i last heard from it *sigh*)
Oh boy, for the first two posts i though you wanted to ask us "how did we like the game" but did a translation error...
no avatar
User

RayTheBest

Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:46 pm

by RayTheBest » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:19 pm

Someone posted CrossCode IndieGogo campaign a few days before it ended in a forum I frequent. I don't put money in crowdfunding so I decided to wait. Last week I was bored and thought "you know what? let's buy it now".

First time I regret not investing in a game, and it's not even finished! :D
no avatar
User

Vinux

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:05 pm

by Vinux » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:17 pm

It was after the work, I decided to relax myself the way I love : playing video games. Flash games are quiet usefull to it without taking too much time ... until you find THE game.

This night, I was on newgrounds.com and find a game that seemed interesting. I click on it, and see the title : "wow, the design is cool", two losanges with kind of electronic circuit in it. An island with futuristic city, a big moon on the left, and a girl on the front that watch this beautifull view ... it doesn't mean the game is good, but it mean futuristic univers, and I love it.
Then, onscreen indications says we better begin with the story to get used to the game. Ok, let's do it. ... and then, the introduction impressed me : music fit well the game, at the point that on itself, we are already inside the game (such as crossplayers in CrossWorld :D ), and the mechanic of fights are so dynamic ... it was (and still is) so cool. I think that it is the mark of great games to have such immersive things (design, music, story, good battle system ... etc).
The tutorial also was really good because I learned how to play without any frustrating difficulty.
Then I played the exploration mode ... wow, it's a demo, and there are so many things in it. I loved the observatory battle. And the puzzle ... amazing. What will the developpers do next ?

Now, I can play the prerelease game, and it's better than I expected. All puzzles are different and really well thinked. Overall, this is not too difficult, but also not too easy (in other word, well balanced. I need to think in order to understand what and how to do, but it is not frustrating at all to not finding a way to do it). It is the same for battles. Also, it is one of rare rpg in which we love farming (as you now, usually, it's not really interesting. In Cross-Code, I don't want to stop battles :lol: ) ...

Anyway, good job. I really enjoy this game, and I am confident about what it will become until you release it. I take my time to finish the game, and I will certainly redo the game from the begining, at least when the full game is done.
User

TheConceptionist

Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:39 am

by TheConceptionist » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:45 am

I believe that I saw it on the front page of GameJolt a year or two ago. Played the demo, it was really good. Now I have early access. Waiting on 0.8, guys! :D
no avatar
User

Vincent

Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:43 pm

by Vincent » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:47 pm

The day I found CrossCode was a wonderful day.

I don't really like the games that literally %75 people who plays games regularly play , so I was searching for games like "Nuclear Throne , Binding of Isaac etc.". Rolling thru steam's game list , the pixelart shined bright to my face and that moment , I knew that game was going to be good.

Bought it immiedately.
User

ace7580

Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:10 pm

by ace7580 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:18 pm

through steam xD ,so far i crave more and i hope its soon :o
no avatar
User

Yogofu

Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:22 am

by Yogofu » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:59 am

MMX Forum kekekeke :P
User

Lexyvil

Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:12 am

by Lexyvil » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:45 pm

I saw its existence online a year or two years ago, but then I bought it mid-August on Steam. It's easily the best game in my library for how very well made it is and how such of a hook it had on me with the artstyle, gameplay and music. I still don't know the overall plot of the game since it seems we're given a bit of info on who Lea actually is, but I'm confident that it will be laid out as the story progresses in later versions~
User

Technomagus

Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:47 pm

by Technomagus » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:57 pm

I just realized I never posted how I found this game. Well, I first encountered an early demo on Newgrounds in March of 2015, was enamoured with the gameplay, and immediately threw enough money at the Indegogo campaign to get into early testing and get a copy of the game when it released. Flashforward a few months, and I get into the early access on Steam and have been streaming every other major release (mostly covering gameplay, not necessarily story), and collected them into a playlist on my YouTube channel.
no avatar
User

Tarcc

Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:42 pm

by Tarcc » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:09 pm

I found this game while on reddit pretty recently. The post just had the new trailer, title, and nothing else. That trailer had me immediately googling CrossCode, trying to find out anything I could about the game. I was on my phone when I found it, and once I found out it was in html5, I actually tried running the game on my phone's browser. When it recognised I was using a mobile device I was informed that the game could not be controlled using a touch screen. I was, however, able to see the very beginning of the game run on my phone's browser which as a CS student I found really interesting. The first thing I did when I got home was start up the web demo, and invest the next hour or so into it. By the end of the web demo, I found myself adding yet another game to my steam library. The game is beautiful, and not just from a technical standpoint, but also in visuals, animation and gameplay. I truly hope that this game is actually given the attention it deserves. Thanks to the developers for making something so fun.
PreviousNext