General discussion about CrossCode.
no avatar
User

sjdswanlund

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:21 am

Questions about replaying the game upon full release

by sjdswanlund » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:46 pm

I have played over forty hours of this great game, but I only managed to get to the dungeon where you get the electrical ability, as that was where development had gotten to at that point. Unfortunately, I lost my save due the early development not having cloud saving support, and while the team was generous enough to give me a save of theirs, from a bit before that spot, I never used it. This was because I figured it would be better waiting till everything was complete.

So, on that note I have two questions. If I decide not to use the save I was given, and instead opt for doing a second playthrough, from the beginning, how much will have been added to make that worth it? In other words, how much has been added to those early parts, not just in terms of more graphics and sprites, but actual gameplay and quest content? The other question I have is related to what I mentioned before, regarding cloud saving. Will the final product have it?

P.S. If you are feeling generous, feel free to answer a third question: When is it coming out :lol:
no avatar
User

Techno665

Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:34 am

Re: Questions about replaying the game upon full release

by Techno665 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:17 am

sjdswanlund wrote:I have played over forty hours of this great game, but I only managed to get to the dungeon where you get the electrical ability, as that was where development had gotten to at that point. Unfortunately, I lost my save due the early development not having cloud saving support, and while the team was generous enough to give me a save of theirs, from a bit before that spot, I never used it. This was because I figured it would be better waiting till everything was complete.

So, on that note I have two questions. If I decide not to use the save I was given, and instead opt for doing a second playthrough, from the beginning, how much will have been added to make that worth it? In other words, how much has been added to those early parts, not just in terms of more graphics and sprites, but actual gameplay and quest content? The other question I have is related to what I mentioned before, regarding cloud saving. Will the final product have it?

P.S. If you are feeling generous, feel free to answer a third question: When is it coming out :lol:

I'm unable to answer the first question but i would recommend taking a look at a the in-game changelog at the top right of the title screen as well as both the Steam News for the game Here and the developer website Here.
For your second question, Cloud Saves have been Surported for awhile Steam & Radical Fish Games Website.
As for your third question, The latest news update they have given us says
Hi-Lights + May To Do List Update Steam wrote:With the way things are going, we still hope for a release of version 1.0 around end of Summer

I hope this helps.
no avatar
User

sjdswanlund

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:21 am

Re: Questions about replaying the game upon full release

by sjdswanlund » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:36 pm

Thanks for answering!