General discussion about CrossCode.

Saving game is not working

no avatar
User

clodi22

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:53 pm

Saving game is not working

by clodi22 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:15 pm

I have problem with saving my game.When i save game and exit crosscode i cant access those saved files.They just dont appear in "load game" part of the menu.Strange thing is that if i dont exit the game after i save the game i can access those files.If someone knows how to fix this please post it here.
User

lachsen

Rank

Developer

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:35 pm

Re: Saving game is not working

by lachsen » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:23 pm

Hey there,

this sounds like for some reason the game can't write any save files inside your AppData.
What is your operating system? Did you make sure that you have enough space on your hard drive?
no avatar
User

clodi22

by clodi22 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:29 pm

My operating system is windows 7 and its 64 bit system.I checked AppData and CrossCode folder is there.In attachments you can see which folders are in AppData.And yea i have like 100GB left on this disk so memeory should not be a problem
Attachments
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot of C/Users/"Name"/AppData/CrossCode
Screenshot_1.jpg (34.86 KiB) Viewed 37 times
User

lachsen

Rank

Developer

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:35 pm

by lachsen » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:02 am

The save files are there apparently. It's the "cc.save" and "cc.save.backup" file (in your case the "cc" and "cc.save" file since the file name extension is hidden). The date of the files however is April 1st, 2017. That might be the date the files have been created. Can you check the date the files have been last modified?

I'm not sure what the issue is honestly and how to fix this. There might be low-level issue somewhere preventing the NW.js application to read or write files. Maybe there is an issue with write permissions for the AppData folder?

Something you can try to do:
1. backup the cc.save and cc.save.backup file
2. Delete the CrossCode folder within appdata
3. Restart the game.
4. Test if saves now persists when restarting the game
5. Paste the cc.save / cc.save.backup files back into the CrossCode folder
6. See if things now work?

Otherwise you can try to update NW.js and see if that helps. Steps for that are described here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/368340/di ... 5715487562
no avatar
User

clodi22

by clodi22 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:07 pm

Yea it works now, I just deleted CrossCode folder in AppData.When i started the game again it worked normally.I did not even need to paste old cc files again in AppData/CrossCode folder.

Thanks Lachsen.

Ps:Thing i forgot to mention is that i had some older saved files from v 0.4.0. and i could load them normally before the fix.They still work.