General discussion about CrossCode.
User

alael

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:31 am

Status of the story? and varius question

by alael » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:40 am

So i did all the pillar dungeon things got teleported to fight with the evil guy and at the end when he does the ones shot attack i dodged the first few then got hit at got a writing telling me the story is not done yet and lost all the progress of this dungeon

so my question is is this correct? I'm running V0.9.5-5 since 1.0 is supposed to release the full story i guess is the story already near completion? is that so i am a bit disappointed this game had much more potential but instead limited itself to a few repeating formula,

Grind/gear up -> dungeon/puzzle-> grind/gear up rinse and repeat, With that said i am saying its bad tho the game really need a bit more variation more story and more character development something in between to break the rinse and repeat circle and to add some depth to the game.

i really hope that where i am now the game is not near completion i just started to enjoy it and ending it now...
no avatar
User

Techno665

Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:34 am

Re: Status of the story? and varius question

by Techno665 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:40 am

1.0 is scheduled for release in Early 2018, there are 2 scheduled releases before then and they have said that there will be Post 1.0 Content, so things can still change, for more information go here: http://steamcommunity.com/games/368340/announcements/detail/1271551010185546031
User

lachsen

Rank

Developer

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:35 pm

Re: Status of the story? and varius question

by lachsen » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:03 pm

Please don't mistake 0.9.5 with 95% complete. And no, 0.9.7 is also not 97% complete.

A proper estimate of how much of the story is complete... is about 50%. What the current version is missing is essentially a proper story for Gaia's Garden and Sapphire Ridge. We also plan to still integrate Rhombus Square in the main plot. Finally, we plan to add even more locations beyond that.

In general, I think the story will hold quite a few surprises and will hopefully move beyond the regular scheme that you're describing - once it's completed.

Unfortunately creating such a story is one thing that really takes time which is why it will take us until (hopefully early) 2018 to finish the game.