General discussion about CrossCode.

Request: Secret Unfair Boss

no avatar
User

LordFunghi

Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:36 pm

Request: Secret Unfair Boss

by LordFunghi » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:26 pm

I play CrossCode since early 2015 and this is game is just absolutly amazing. But i feel like it's too easy ( at least for me ). So maybe you could make an optional boss which is super unfair but your rewarded very good. what came to my mind first was something like "The Iron Golem" 10.000HP and no matter how hard you hit him and where you do 1 DMG.

Cool game so far looking forward to 1.0
User

Wervyn

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:05 am

Re: Request: Secret Unfair Boss

by Wervyn » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:18 pm

The motivation behind a request like this never makes much sense to me, especially if you say you want it to have some kind of special reward. Like what, some really nice equipment...that will make the game easier? Fact is too that the fight you describe, if it gated any really worthwhile content, would be rightly seen by far more people as a negative for failure to respect the player's time, since it's not actually a challenge of mastery but of willingness to put up with a tedious and repetitive fight for half an hour.

It's also a fact that the fight you describe is already in the game pretty much word-for-word, apart from the "good reward" part. Try taking on one of the shredders from the escape sequence in the prologue. They have 10,000 HP and you can only do 1 damage per hit to them, and their attacks are one-hit kills so if you mess up at any point during the half-hour it takes to whittle them down it's back to the beginning again. But it is absolutely possible to kill one.

If you're looking to make the game more difficult I'd recommend a self-imposed challenge run. Try a no-equipment challenge, for example, and you'll start finding yourself outpaced by enemies before too long. Still too easy? Try not upgrading your circuit, too. Fights will start becoming really tedious slogs after awhile, but if that's what you want out of a game...

Alternatively by prioritizing your attack and focus stats above all else and never taking any defense or HP increases, you can turn fights into a test of skill mastery where you can defeat enemies in a normal amount of time, but any mistakes could be fatal. That's the speedrun approach after all.
User

yumil

Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:42 am

France

by yumil » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:13 pm

Pretty much the same for me, I never saw the point of giving a reward that makes the rest of the game easy when you complete what is by far the hardest challenge of the game. If you already beat the hardest boss, then you're just going to make the rest of the game even more easy than it will already look to you compared to that boss.

A more interesting idea to me would be a battle you really aren't supposed to win somewhere in the story but that rewards you with optionnal dialogues/scenes (and maybe a little something like a free level or two, or something you would get anyway, just later in the game.) for putting up a good fight and/or actually winning the battle.

Or, to keep up with the idea of a run with constraints, something like the modifiers from transistor that gives you more exp if you fight with some handicaps.

but that's much more long to make.
User

360noscope 420blzit

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:52 am

by 360noscope 420blzit » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:22 am

LordFunghi wrote:I play CrossCode since early 2015 and this is game is just absolutly amazing. But i feel like it's too easy ( at least for me ). So maybe you could make an optional boss which is super unfair but your rewarded very good. what came to my mind first was something like "The Iron Golem" 10.000HP and no matter how hard you hit him and where you do 1 DMG.

Cool game so far looking forward to 1.0

Well I can do that but I'm not gonna make a new boss. I'm just gonna edit the enemies Stat data like "hp" 450(buffalo) and change it to like "hp" :10000
M8 I don't like normies meme