General discussion about CrossCode.
User

_INTER_

Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:13 pm

Continuation and updates question

by _INTER_ » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:36 pm

I've played quite extensively (really enjoyed it!!) up to Ba'kii Kum where the story ends. Now I'm wondering how exactly updates are handled in Crosscode. I see there are presets to load, but I'd like to continue with my current save game once the story continues (scheduled for April - May). Is that possible?
What happens if I go ahead and do the next dungeons and areas?
User

Bit

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:24 pm

Re: Continuation and updates question

by Bit » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:45 pm

Nothing happens if you skip the Ba'kii Kum's story currently. You can go ahead and do Faj'ro Temple without any repercussions, as far as I'm aware.
You don't need time travel to create a paradox. Just say: "Don't listen to me."
User

_INTER_

Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:13 pm

by _INTER_ » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:21 pm

Thanks for replying. Do you know if I can play with my old save state and continue the story or do I need to use a preset once a story update releases?
User

Bit

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:24 pm

by Bit » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:58 pm

I've used an old save to continue a story after an update before, but it may just depend on the compatibility of the new version with the old one, so I suppose the only way to find out would be to try.
You don't need time travel to create a paradox. Just say: "Don't listen to me."
User

lachsen

Rank

Developer

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:35 pm

by lachsen » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:32 am

We'll try to keep old saves compatible with updates.
When you continue playing we'll give you an option with the new version to jump back to the previous end to the story to continue playing the new story. If you already finished dungeons, you'll have to visit them again, but all puzzles and battles rooms are still solved - you essentially just have to walk through them. Also things are likely imbalanced, because that's hard to avoid when you leveled ahead and got better equipment.