General discussion about CrossCode.
no avatar
User

Mooshie

Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:35 am

Grinding between Faj'ro Temple and Shock/Wave Temples

by Mooshie » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:47 am

Hi everyone

So I recently beat Faj'ro temple and have run into a bit of a problem. Namely, that I'm only level 33 and I would like to move on to the next dungeon. I started on the shock temple recently, but I've found that enemies have so much HP and I do so little damage that some rooms take upwards of 10 minutes to clear out. Needless to say this gets super dull very fast.

So any suggestions on how I could make up these levels I'm missing? As far as I know I've done all the quests currently available, unless there are some available after Faj'ro that I haven't found. I've mainly been killing Papagun's and the shock plants in the temple since those go pretty quick with burn. Any other suggestions to make the process faster?

On a side note, does the shock temple seem a lot less interesting than Faj'ro? Maybe it's because I'm under leveled, but it seemed like the fights in Faj'ro were a lot quicker and more intense than the ones I've had so far in the shock temple (especially the Magmanizer's. Loved those!).
User

Bit

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:24 pm

Re: Grinding between Faj'ro Temple and Shock/Wave Temples

by Bit » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:21 pm

Just in case you don't already know, if you go back to some quest hubs they can give you more quests (E.g. If you completed all the quests that involve Autumn's Rise stuff, they'll then give you quests that involve Bergen, and so on, until you reach the end of what the devs have currently put in). Other than that, Autumn's Fall or just grinding the enemies inside the dungeon like you're currently doing is all I can suggest. Personally I think the Shock dungeon seems less appealing because the aesthetics are a bit more simplistic. Whereas in the Faj'ro temple you had clashing colors like orange, red, and blue, in Zir'vitar temple the colors are grey, darker grey, black, and purple. Not as appealing. The wave dungeon feels more complete due to having both water and foliage added to the mix, which adds blue and green to the color scheme, but perhaps it's just the fact that there's just even something else there. I do feel Zir'vitar is missing something, but I just don't know what.
You don't need time travel to create a paradox. Just say: "Don't listen to me."
no avatar
User

Mooshie

Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:35 am

by Mooshie » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:32 pm

Really? I haven't seen any quests since I finished off the Bergen ones. (Other than the Jack'o Lantern one in Basin)
User

lachsen

Rank

Developer

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:35 pm

by lachsen » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:29 am

I personally think that the Faj'ro Temple looks rather bland compared to... most other dungeons honestly. I think the Shock/Wave Dungeon are visually much more interesting. But these things tend to be very subjective.

About leveling between Faj'ro and the next temples: The issue is that you essentially quickly move through two new areas at once and there are also two tiers of equipment inbetween that you can get - but there is no story/plot and slows down progression enough so you actually take time to level and get new equipment. Anyway, the most important thing is: update your equipment. The fastest way to do so is to straight go to Basin Keep in the Jungle and buying Titan equipment as much as you can afford. That way, fights will be much easier and you will also level up much quicker. That will also make fights in the new dungeons less long and tedious.

Personally, I think Zir'Vitar actually has some of the most interesting fights of all dungeons. Also some of the most challenging.