A few questions

no avatar
User

palstek

Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:25 pm

A few questions

by palstek » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:49 pm

Hello :)

I recently got myself a copy of your game and already played it for a while now (looking forward to future updates :). I'd like to ask some questions regarding the Universe (not the actual story ofc) that the game plays in. Maybe some (or even all) of these questions have been asked before... so, sorry if anything already came up earlier in another thread :)

To the questions:

1.) Will the game later on give more insight in the technology that is used in CrossWorlds? Like the instant matter, how it works, are there drawbacks for the users, how it can be used anywhere on the island (instant respawning for example)? How does the link between user and avatar work? How bad are the lag-problems? ;D

2.) If the dungeons are instanced, how can many players at once clear them if the actual building exists in physical form (afaik the Island itself is not made of instant matter, or is it?) Can the avatars just not see each other and the objects they manipulate?

3.) Will there also be (playable) parts outside of CrossWorld? Would be nice to see the characters in their original appearances :D <-- ok, that one is kinda story related, but I'm just curious ^^

4.) How can people even afford playing such a high-tech MMO? :D

Thank you :)

Palstek
User

lachsen

Rank

Developer

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:35 pm

Re: A few questions

by lachsen » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:24 am

Hey palsteck,

Questions 1 and 2 will be at least partly be answered during the story so I don't want to go into much detail here as it might spoil the experience (at least a bit)

3. You will always play as an avatar but the avatar might not always run around the official playground - that already happened when Lea was on the M.S. Solar in the beginning.

4. For the same reason you can afford a hamburger for 1-2 €/$ today. You wouldn't have been able to imagine this 100 years ago.
no avatar
User

palstek

Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:25 pm

Re: A few questions

by palstek » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:43 pm

Thank you for the answers :A

1+2.) looking forward to it :)

3.) So there is hope to see the other players original appearances, thats something I'm also really curious about. Most people playing (online) games tend to design their avatars very idealized... I wonder what Emilie looks like in rl :D

4.) I don't think that it would be that easily affordable, even 100 Years in the future :) but ok, that really is not the point of the game :D

Pal