Question about the dungeons

no avatar
User

Slit_Zurifa

Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:17 pm

Question about the dungeons

by Slit_Zurifa » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:28 pm

Hello there,

I just joined these forums. Let me say I love Crosscode. It's an awesome game with lots of really good design.
What I like most though are the big dungeons of the game: I always loved Zelda dungeons and this game is no exception with the very lengthy main dungeons. So far we have two dungeons: the Bergen Mines and the temple, both of them with their own puzzles and enemies. And as far as I can tell the general structure of each big dungeon seems to be the same: keys to find, a new ability set to unlock, a mini boss to fight and of course the main boss who we can only fight after we found the Master Key,

My question would be how many of these main dungeons are going to be in the final game.
From what I can tell, it's at least 4, if not 5 dungeons. Whenever you receive a new aility set it is displayed in an image of a circle of four parts. So we're missing two more ability sets or elements which would make 4 dungeons at the very least. Though I personally would love to have 5 big dungeons: the 4 aformentioned dungeons and a final dungeon. I'd love the final dungeon to be of a very similiar structure as the previous dungeons: keys, master key, specific enemies and puzzles.
Though the question is if you actually intended the game to have a final dungeon after these four main dungeons.

Are you allowed to say or even know already what the theme of the other big dungeons will be? We had an ice mine and a desert lava temple. I imagine one might be Asian themed due to the very first cutscene in the game?
I guess the dungeons' theme will be connected to the ability sets we unlock and either be of the same or the opposite element (fire ability gained in an ice dungeon and the ice ability gained in a fire themed dungeon).

Final question: Will each of these big dungeons be placed in a new overworld area as well? We had snowy mountains and the desert so I guess we could expect two more overworld areas?

Anyways thanks for this great game.
no avatar
User

Slit_Zurifa

Re: Question about the dungeons

by Slit_Zurifa » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:14 pm

I had to facepalm myself. The other two elements are Shock and Wave. It's even mentioned in the harbor village. Don't know how I missed that.
Hm, it seems like these four dungeons represent the four elements, and I don't mean the four elements of the game (which themselves can be linked to the classic elements of nature):
The Bergen Mine could be regarded as the Earth dungeon of the game hence all the rocks and the ice. Some associate ice with the element of water but since it's solid you could also associate it with earth.
The Temple is the Fire dungeon of the game.
So I assume that we'll gain the Shock element in the Air dungeon and the Wave element in the Water dungeon (which I'd like to be as confusing as the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time). :D
User

CelioHogane

Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:54 pm

by CelioHogane » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:14 pm

actually the next dungeon will have both elements, is the Shockwave dungeon.
The Twitcher best Waifu.
no avatar
User

Slit_Zurifa

by Slit_Zurifa » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:39 pm

CelioHogane wrote:actually the next dungeon will have both elements, is the Shockwave dungeon.

True, though here's hope there will be at least one more Zelda dungeon after that. :)