General Modding Thread

no avatar
User

j2767mr

Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:39 pm

Re: General Modding Thread

by j2767mr » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:34 am

j2767mr wrote:
Firecrow wrote:Where are you getting that from? I've modded frobbit.json, and it seems to be working fine. I also did an in-file search for "frobbit-alt", and it only shows up as a definition in database.json.

I first tried to mod the frobbit.json file but it didn't seem to work, until I found the gray-frobbit.json file.

Well... I just found out it was the wrong file. I will change that.
User

Firecrow

Sat May 30, 2015 11:34 pm

Canada

by Firecrow » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:32 pm

Alright, I've got an update for the CrossCrow challenge mod!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Q0RD ... sp=sharing

Changes per Vegita's feedback:
There's a preset now! Level 26, no circuits selected, and all the equipment you could want.
Teleport in Rookie Harbor is marked. There's a signpost without any laser signs at the spot now. You can tell it's the right one because it's oddly clipping through a bunch of other things. It's still not that easy to spot, but at least now you can hunt with your eyes instead of your feet.
The pit in the puzzle room is wider. Yes, you can make it across without dash-cancelling. No, you're not supposed to be able to dash-cancel across it. If you still can, let me know, and I'll try and fix it again.

Other changes:
Added another mercy-kill goat. This one is in the puzzle room pit, and you can't attack it without being in there. So it will always be there to kill you and reset the room.
Camera movements in the final cutscene are fixed!
Confirmed working for v0.4.1
User

Firecrow

Sat May 30, 2015 11:34 pm

Canada

by Firecrow » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:32 pm

Also, some feedback for j2767mr's hard mode mod!

SpoilerSHOW
In general: I expected a challenge, and I definitely got one. Very great work. Particularly great how all the enemies aggro at a distance and move ridiculously fast. I was seriously wondering how balancing a hard mode would work when you can easily just run to the end and grab some high-level items, but you solved that problem nicely.

Specifically, by enemies:

Hedgehogs: Not sure if it was intentional, but their ridiculous speed means they have a very good chance of recovering if they run into the water. No easy kills here! I do have a couple of suggestions. First, you might want to extend the range at which they lose aggro. They don't tend to dash quite that far, but they do dash off platforms, and I've had a couple of times where they fall off, race away to climb back up, and come back fully healed. Annoying... Also, so many of the early-game enemies are hedgehogs that I've become quite skilled at Perfect Guard-break-kill, and by the time I reached any red ones, they seemed pretty easy compared to anything else. Their long jump attack is really nice, but they don't seem to use it often enough for it to make a difference.

Meerkats: Whoa. Bullet hell here. Nowhere is safe for those rapidly-flying, ricocheting rocks. Clearing out that mob north of the entrance was insane. There's a bug with the red ones, though: When they're doing their five-throws-in-a-row attack, they don't aim between them. So if you dodge the first fireball, they'll just keep throwing them at where you used to be. Also, the long aggro ranges makes it more likely to aggro meerkats that can't reach you, triggering the pathfinding lag bug. Not that there's anything you can do about that :( Hopefully the devs can fix that one soon.

Bovines: A raging armored tank races to the front of the mob, shielding the other enemies from my attacks even as it pushes me around the map, stomping frequently and unpredictably. Only suggestion I have here is that their long dashes make it more likely for them to hit something, making the fight a bit easier. And I'm not looking for easy here :D

Frobbits: Beautiful job. Love the variation between the two types. The white ones have stunlocked me to death more than once. Nothing to recommend.

Seafly: ...This guy did not seem very difficult. The bubbles bounce, but the swarm attack homes on you so hard they never hit the wall, and the single bubble is weak enough that I usually end up just taking the hit anyway. Aside from that, they're... a bit faster? Definitely needs a bit of balancing to match the rest of the mod.

Penguin: Wow. This guy is a beast. Hardest enemy in the mod by far. I still can't take on two of them at the same time without getting utterly destroyed. Great job with him.

All in all, this is a really nice mod. You mentioned this was a work in progress? Definitely looking forward to the finished version.

Also, I'm not sure if you're interested in a collaboration, but I have an old, partly-finished hard mode I was working on a while back. It's finished to the end of the Rhombus Dungeon, so no overlap with what you've already posted. I could polish up some of the enemies and send them to you if you'd like.
no avatar
User

j2767mr

by j2767mr » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:11 am

Firecrow wrote:Also, I'm not sure if you're interested in a collaboration, but I have an old, partly-finished hard mode I was working on a while back. It's finished to the end of the Rhombus Dungeon, so no overlap with what you've already posted. I could polish up some of the enemies and send them to you if you'd like.

Thanks for that feedback and I will fix most of the bugs you mentioned. I would like to take a look at you Rhombus Dungeon enemys. In the next Version of my mod I will include bug fixes, goats and Cold Dungeon-enemys.
no avatar
User

j2767mr

by j2767mr » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:38 am

I made an ApiHelper to help modders creating big projects. The programm extracts the gamefiles and formats them. After you're done modding you can minify and run your mod. If you want to release it, you can export patches and modified files.

WARNING: This is an executable file. IF YOU DON'T FULLY TRUST ME and you don't have the knowledge to identify a virus in a .NET pe DON'T USE IT.

Direct link: http://www.2767mr.com/downloads/ccapihe ... Helper.zip
User

Vegita

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:29 am

by Vegita » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:07 pm

j2767mr wrote:[...] and formats them.

what exactly does that mean?
no avatar
User

j2767mr

by j2767mr » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:21 pm

Vegita wrote:
j2767mr wrote:[...] and formats them.

what exactly does that mean?

I means minify (for json and javascript)
no avatar
User

Nnubes256

Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:33 pm

by Nnubes256 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:55 am

Notifications for this thread suddely stopped coming. Oops!
j2767mr wrote:I made an ApiHelper to help modders creating big projects. The programm extracts the gamefiles and formats them. After you're done modding you can minify and run your mod. If you want to release it, you can export patches and modified files.

WARNING: This is an executable file. IF YOU DON'T FULLY TRUST ME and you don't have the knowledge to identify a virus in a .NET pe DON'T USE IT.

Direct link: http://www.2767mr.com/downloads/ccapihe ... Helper.zip
In the rules, I wrote:
  • Any mod that works outside the game(a.k.a. tool) has to be open-source.
    - We don't want people spreading viruses here, don't we? ;)
    - WIP rule, feel free to propose additions or changes.

Your mod falls inside this category, so yep.
Also, have a look at my mod injector. It allows code modification without touching the JS, making mods a lot more maintainable.

---------------------------------------------------

Firecrow wrote:Alright, I've got an update for the CrossCrow challenge mod!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Q0RD ... sp=sharing

Changes per Vegita's feedback:
There's a preset now! Level 26, no circuits selected, and all the equipment you could want.
Teleport in Rookie Harbor is marked. There's a signpost without any laser signs at the spot now. You can tell it's the right one because it's oddly clipping through a bunch of other things. It's still not that easy to spot, but at least now you can hunt with your eyes instead of your feet.
The pit in the puzzle room is wider. Yes, you can make it across without dash-cancelling. No, you're not supposed to be able to dash-cancel across it. If you still can, let me know, and I'll try and fix it again.

Other changes:
Added another mercy-kill goat. This one is in the puzzle room pit, and you can't attack it without being in there. So it will always be there to kill you and reset the room.
Camera movements in the final cutscene are fixed!
Confirmed working for v0.4.1

Updated!
User

Duhart

Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:51 am

by Duhart » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:16 am

Hey guys.

I've been working on a little something the last couple of days that I'd like to share... I've always wanted to see a Chrono Trigger game with this type of gameplay, so I tried a little something...

Chrono as Lea v.1

(You knew it was bound to happen :P)
I've got the basic movement done (needs a bit of polishing) and a few combat animations.

Download Link:
Mirror1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ustgxdgpwupye ... 1.zip?dl=0
Mirror2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_kvGl ... sp=sharing

I hope the devs don't mind too much... :oops: I think a lot of people would be happy to see this mod! :'D

Unfortunately I won't have the time to finish it... Therefore, in the .zip file I attached the Photoshop files I was using, in case someone wants to pick up where I left off...

Cheers.

(PS: I love your game. Sorry if these sprites clash too much with the rest of the game's environment, I do not mean to disrespect the effort you had trying to create such a beautiful world. I was actually thinking of doing a pallet swap on Chrono to make him blend in better, but I won't have the time to do so... Congratulations on this fantastic piece of art.)
no avatar
User

Nnubes256

Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:33 pm

by Nnubes256 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:36 am

Duhart wrote:Hey guys.

I've been working on a little something the last couple of days that I'd like to share... I've always wanted to see a Chrono Trigger game with this type of gameplay, so I tried a little something...

Chrono as Lea v.1

(You knew it was bound to happen :P)
I've got the basic movement done (needs a bit of polishing) and a few combat animations.

Download Link:
Mirror1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ustgxdgpwupye ... 1.zip?dl=0
Mirror2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_kvGl ... sp=sharing

I hope the devs don't mind too much... :oops: I think a lot of people would be happy to see this mod! :'D

Unfortunately I won't have the time to finish it... Therefore, in the .zip file I attached the Photoshop files I was using, in case someone wants to pick up where I left off...

Cheers.

(PS: I love your game. Sorry if these sprites clash too much with the rest of the game's environment, I do not mean to disrespect the effort you had trying to create such a beautiful world. I was actually thinking of doing a pallet swap on Chrono to make him blend in better, but I won't have the time to do so... Congratulations on this fantastic piece of art.)

Nooooice!

Added!
PreviousNext