General discussion about CrossCode.
no avatar
User

Stuck

Thu May 12, 2016 2:30 pm

Looked for a key for hours, couldn't find it.

by Stuck » Thu May 12, 2016 2:33 pm

I've scoured every inch of this Fire and Ice dungeon it feels like, but there's a key I'm missing for the 4F South Corridor room. I was hoping to maybe submit a boss killing video, but I've just gotten exhausted from going through the same rooms and over. This game desperately needs a Zelda-esque marker for whether or not a room has anything of use for progressing in the dungeon in it.
User

Bit

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:24 pm

Re: Looked for a key for hours, couldn't find it.

by Bit » Thu May 12, 2016 3:45 pm

A "Compass" item would be nice, but to keep the difficulty of the game they could just show how many items are left in one particular floor. That way you wouldn't end up scouring floors you've already found everything in.
You don't need time travel to create a paradox. Just say: "Don't listen to me."
User

Urinstein

Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:41 am

by Urinstein » Thu May 12, 2016 6:25 pm

Stuck wrote:I've scoured every inch of this Fire and Ice dungeon it feels like, but there's a key I'm missing for the 4F South Corridor room. I was hoping to maybe submit a boss killing video, but I've just gotten exhausted from going through the same rooms and over. This game desperately needs a Zelda-esque marker for whether or not a room has anything of use for progressing in the dungeon in it.

Fire and Ice dungeon... that's is rather unhelpful name you've given it there. The first dungeon is full of ice and you use fire element a lot. And the second dungeon is full of fire and you use ice element a lot.
Anyway, it seems like you're talking about second one. I recommend opening the map and looking at the 3rd floor. I'm asuming your missing key piece on that floor. At least I tend to forget about that one.

The way the rooms are designed and the keys are placed in them makes it rather hard, if not impossible, to run past a key piece and not find it again. If anything you'd have to make the dungeons more linear and force people to walk through every room, but personally, I wouldn't mind if they were even less so.
"Twice as eloquent but still disappointed, Lea left the dungeon"
User

CelioHogane

Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:54 pm

by CelioHogane » Thu May 12, 2016 8:50 pm

If you post a link of the maps i can show you where you missed the key.
The Twitcher best Waifu.
no avatar
User

Stuck

Thu May 12, 2016 2:30 pm

by Stuck » Fri May 13, 2016 2:19 am

Image Nothing I found on the third floor.
User

Wervyn

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:05 am

by Wervyn » Fri May 13, 2016 5:27 am

Not sure how you missed it, since all of the keys are either in dead-end puzzle rooms or rewards for combat challenges, but here they all are:

crosscodekeys.png
crosscodekeys.png (19.86 KiB) Viewed 1642 times
User

Wervyn

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:05 am

by Wervyn » Sun May 15, 2016 5:24 am

Just to follow up on this, one notable bug with the dungeon right now is if you unlock a key barrier in that room but leave the room before the animation completes (which is actually pretty easy to do when you're rushing through the dungeon, coming from the sides), you will lose the key, but the barrier will still be up. This could result in you collecting all of the available keys but being unable to unlock the puzzle in that room, essentially soft-locking the game.
User

lachsen

Rank

Developer

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:35 pm

by lachsen » Mon May 16, 2016 8:28 pm

Wervyn wrote:Just to follow up on this, one notable bug with the dungeon right now is if you unlock a key barrier in that room but leave the room before the animation completes (which is actually pretty easy to do when you're rushing through the dungeon, coming from the sides), you will lose the key, but the barrier will still be up. This could result in you collecting all of the available keys but being unable to unlock the puzzle in that room, essentially soft-locking the game.

Yes, this bug does exist - I recently fixed it, but it is not released yet. Currently you have to be careful not to leave rooms before locked doors and wall have completely disappeared - sorry for that!