General discussion about CrossCode.
no avatar
User

Nesw

Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:03 am

Question: Do you like the old or new portraits?

by Nesw » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:24 am

I think most people would be happier with the old portraits back. I think Lea’s eyes are better in the old version and I don’t like that one horn is light gray and the other is very dark grey, they should be the same, light grey. On Carla the nose is very strange and her face is too wide like it was flattened, this is just my opinion, there are various comments at the end of the post of people saying the old ones were better, so I'm just curious what do you guys about them? And should we keep the new ones or try to make Radical Fish Games reconsider their decision?
Blog post on portraits before and after: http://www.radicalfishgames.com/?p=4480
User

CelioHogane

Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Question: Do you like the old or new portraits?

by CelioHogane » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:31 am

I mean yeah, i like the new portraits, but i don't like Lea's new face.
The Twitcher best Waifu.
User

Bit

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:24 pm

by Bit » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:18 pm

Personally, I like the new portraits. Carla's old protrait threw me off a bit because it seemed a little disproportioned, but the new one is completely fine. Lea's eyes now have more personality, Sergey doesn't look three quarter's finished anymore, and Shizuka just looks more awesome. Sure the old portraits reflected the game's general style more, but these new portraits give the game more character, something you can never have enough of. All-in-all I'm glad they updated them, but again, that's just me.
You don't need time travel to create a paradox. Just say: "Don't listen to me."
User

Osomaru

Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:32 pm

by Osomaru » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:57 pm

Hmm.. there are parts that look better (like.. shiyuka's shoulder plates) and parts that look worse (like.. lea's face.)

Now if I could choose which ones I want to have I would pick the old ones.. the new ones also look kinda .. older (as in age)
Tho I probably would have been perfectly fine with the new ones if they would have been the original ones (/I never got to see the old ones)

.. If no new expressions come with them tho we could always just mod in the old ones.
User

lachsen

Rank

Developer

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:35 pm

by lachsen » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:26 am

I like the new portraits!

... and from what we've collected on feedback, it seems that most people prefer the new portraits.

Other than that, I actually gave a more detailed answer to this in the steam forums, so I'll just link it here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/368340/di ... 7277063224