General discussion about CrossCode.
User

HornyGoatFodder

Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:15 pm

Re: Breaking the Ice. How did you find CrossCode?

by HornyGoatFodder » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:27 pm

The last time those lil green men took me awa.. I mean it just dropped into my steam for linux discovery queue, and the fact it's coded with HTML5 intrigued me. Fortunatlely I love (J)RPG's like star ocean, zelda, and chrono trigger so this snes-alike was right up my street. Congratulate yourselves on what could be a top draw game, I for one cannot wait till it's completed. In the meanwhile have a beer [beer icon breks reply form, hint hint U+1F37A] and a :A .

PS Anyone interested in the game development process should take a look over the RadicalFish youtube channel, hell I'll link it here be educational stuff
User

srrsmr

Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:01 am

by srrsmr » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:48 am

My story isn't very interesting, but I'll share it all the same :) I found CrossCode while browsing through Steam. I decided to sort all of Steam's games by User Review and CrossCode was one of the top hits on that list. Needless to say, once I downloaded the game, I saw why it was so highly rated. Definitely ranks in my top 10 games of all time :D
no avatar
User

Slinky Marvin

Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:57 am

by Slinky Marvin » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:00 am

I found it simply by browsing games on Steam. However, the only reason I checked the game out was because I noticed how similar Lea looked compared to an NPC in Secrets of Grindea. Sure enough, Lea has a small cameo in SoG but was named Nolea instead. Since I loved SoG, I figured I'd love CrossCode as well (and I was right).
no avatar
User

Koiju

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:43 am

by Koiju » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:49 am

I found it because it was released on GOG.com and their in-dev thing (their version of early access) so it was on their front page.
Im a big user of GOG.com and always take a look at any and all of their new releases, had a look at the video, the screen shots, and the ntohing but 5 star user reviews and imediatly wishlisted it.

I later gave in and perchased it cos it looked like my sort of thing, and have found it to be amazing, this is right up my ally, seriously, I cant get over just how much of this game is right on point for me.
Only problem is now I'm left waiting till june-sept for the full thing, GAAAH!!
User

Wervyn

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:05 am

by Wervyn » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:33 pm

Hey, some of us have been waiting for over two years at this point. Some very few people even longer than that, with the original tech demo out around 2013. It speaks well of the game that we haven't gotten tired of waiting yet, since the progress is pretty clear and there are always new things to play with while we count down to the 1.0 release. Next update this month get HYPE!
no avatar
User

Grimlock

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:05 am

by Grimlock » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:55 pm

First and foremost greetings to all the forum!

I discovered Crosscode reading this thread in neogaf (The coming onslaught of JRPG inspired indie games)
I usually don’t pay too much attention to indie titles but for some reason Crosscode called my attention.

After that I searched for the demo on steam, tried it and loved it.
I started looking for more info about it, looking the Radicalfish youtube channel etc…

And, finally I bought it (GoG user here)
no avatar
User

Kokio

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:39 pm

by Kokio » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Merely was searching the Steam store one day under the rpg tag and found this beauty.
no avatar
User

Anaxagoras

Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:51 am

by Anaxagoras » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:58 am

Through Gellot's youtube channel (the NoDamage madman of insane videogame skills). Specifically this video sparked my interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CKL6NB4n-0

After watching it, I just started searching for more gameplay videos and was instantly convinced to try the game. Five minutes into the demo and I was sold. The game already looks fantastic, but playing it feels insanely smooth and addicting in a way that just can't be conveyed through video.

I'm convinced anyone who actually gave it a fair try would 9 out of 10 times end up loving it.

P.S.: the duels with Apollo are really nice, I'm not sure how hard it is to code a battle like that but a PvP-Arena mode/minigame/quest/etc would be very welcome as a future DLC or such
User

AsongAboutU

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:22 am

by AsongAboutU » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:12 am

Last year I was just getting started with gaming abd I was at http://gamestore.live/wot-accounts/ and they had a banner which told me about this game. I decided to try
Previous